My best guy friend likes me (this is brand new information!) and I don't know how to deal with this. Please help?

So I met this guy freshman year and had a really big crush on him, but we got to know each other better sophomore year and I thought I was kind of getting over my crush on him as we became better friends, and junior year we were pretty much best friends, and that's it, or so I thought. Even though I kind of always had feelings for him, I accepted that we would probably just be good friends and I thought that's all he wanted too, since he liked this other girl at the end of sophomore year and the beginning of junior year. Then on the last day of junior year I found out from this girl who I'm not really super great friends with but is better friends with him, that she asked him who he liked about 6 months ago and he said he likes me, but he said I don't see him that way, that we're just good friends and he doesn't want to mess that up. How likely is it that he still likes me if we still see each other and talk as much as we did before when he did like me? I asked him a couple months ago if he still liked the girl he used to and he said "Not really" but he wouldn't tell me who he did like, and one of our mutual friends asked him (since a lot of people thought we should date) if he liked me and he said he didn't want to talk about it. So should I ask him directly if he likes me, or at least let him know that he's definitely not in the friend-zone? Since it seems like he thinks he is, and I always thought I was the one in the friend-zone. (I hate the concept of the "friend-zone" but I'm not really sure how else to explain it). And I feel really bad about inadvertently making him think he has no chance. But I'm kind of hesitant to just ask him out because I don't know if he still likes me that way, and because I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for ruining our friendship if it didn't work out. So should I just ask him if he likes me? Tell him I like him? I don't really know, and I have zero experience in this kind of thing. How should I proceed?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• You two have talked for years, and will probably manage to get shy and insist you don't like each other if given time.

Kiss him. Then talk.

• Tell him! Definitely go for it and tell him before its too late. If he liked you before, and you two are still talking, 99% chance he still would like to date you. He may have moved on, but if he finds out you like him back, then he'll like you back. Trust me.

• Thanks so much! That's really good advice. That's what I was leaning towards but I think I needed some encouragement, so thank you!

• No problem, if you need any more advice just comment/pm me.

What Girls Said 1

• I would just say that you heard that he likes you and ask if he still does... If he does great, if not no biggie... You won't ruin anything. If anything maybe this will make you guys closer.