What do you think about me planning a get away trip for us?

The guy I'm talking to gets back from Afghanistan this weekend. We have been talking since December, we met and hung out in February, and then he left again in March and we've been talking since. We met when I was in college, but I'm home for summer break, which is about 5 1/2 hours from his hometown. When he got home in February I didn't see him until he was home for 2 weeks, and I don't want to wait that long. I also work full time and am not able to get a lot of time off, so I had an idea! There's a lake resort about halfway between us (3 hours for me and 2 1/2 for him) and we'd have to stay 3 nights because that's the minimum required. I know he likes outdoorsy stuff, and there's all sorts of activities like ski boats and kayaking and biking. I thought it would be fun for us to have alone time, reconnect, drink and be intimate. Obviously I wouldn't book anything or have it set in stone, but I thought it would be nice if he came home and I had something planned for us so he didn't have to do any work. Do you think that is something he and/or a guy would enjoy? Or am I thinking too much ahead and should wait to see what happens?

Since we aren't actually dating or in a relationship I am nervous to get my hopes up. We want to see each other, but I don't want to get all excited if he doesn't want to you know :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems a little bit too much for a person you're not even dating. It sounds like you're married for goodness sake! Why just invite him to a simple hang out?

What Guys Said 1

• First meet in public for bowling or something and talk to him about that, see what happens

What Girls Said 1

• That sounds very nice but it also sounds like it's too much. You barely know this guy