Guys, have you ever met a girl online and how did it work out?

how did it work out for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sort of. A girl I used to go to school with and I met ("re-united") online via Facebook, and she fell for me big time. Interestingly enough, I had a crush on her back in school, so we got together, and have been going almost 7 months now (but have been talking online since October).

Interestingly, she is very beautiful, and gets hit on by guys all the time...but in my case, she started to talk to me, and the talking is what connected us when we found out how similar we were to each other, aside from the fact I was like the first guy she has ever met that was not after one-thing and one-thing only.

What Girls Said 3

• i met my last one online he is amazing and the best part is you get to know them as a person first which is good in a girls point of view because we aren't all about looks and sex lmao I know there's lots of good guys out there looking for a good connection they just get hidden by the jerks but anywho I believe they will work if both people are prepared for them and ready for the relationship and sometimes a challenge if there is a distance I know I'm not a guy and you asked for guys opinions I just give my little bit of input hope things go well for you!

• I would love to meet someone online, just never really have gotten the chance. If I could, I would though :)

• i met all my 3 boyfriends online ... and all were pretty serious , my actual boyfriend is plannin for marriage tho :D so yeah it might work .. why not!

What Guys Said 3

• I've met a few girls online, and the result has ranged from girls that are totally crazy to girls that I dated for a while. I've never been a big fan of the way online dating works, but there are definitely some girls who do it that are worth getting to know. Paid sites like Eharmony or Match probably provide the best results, although I've never used them personally.

• I met lots of girls on line, met one IRL and it didn't work out. I wasn't motivated at all to cheat on my wife, as she thought I would. I suppose I wasn't clear enough to her while chatting about everyday things. Since that happened I state it clearly (too clearly it seems, according to some reactions I got)

No reason not to talk to women of course.

• I've met quite a few online. Places like Match, Cupid and eHarmony are breeding grounds for crazy b**ches most of the time. A lot of them are either fake, very picky or play games..which is why they're single and can't find anyone. =) I've met a few from there..so far all crazy...my last ex which I was with for over a year I met in a yahoo chat room when she was 15. Met her when she was 20 and went from there. She's 22 right now and I'm 25. It can work. Just have to give it time.

• I've used match.com, unfortunately I have to agree with what you're saying. Most women I've met online were using it to either get over a previous relationship or ex (carrying a TON of emotional baggage), or they weren't very honest about themselves in their profile (lied about education or hobbies). Some even have boyfriends. At times I feel like I paid $80 to be a temporary therapist... it's sort of depressing. The worst is that about 9 out of 10 emails you send never get responded to.