I never want a serious relationship or marriage? I get sick of men easily? Anyone else like this?

My longest relationship has been two months. My shortest two days. I always break up with him, and never have been dumped. I was played out by this guy who I was talking to, it didn't work out. That was four years ago. Even before him I never liked getting serious. I don't like the idea of a long term relationship or being with them forever. That's so lame to me. There are way many different type of personalities out there? Why pick one and stay with them forever. Married couples cheat all the time. The whole commitment they promised is a lie. People get married to not be alone. I can care less. I get male attention all the time. Maybe that's why. I'm really use to being worshiped by men who are NOT even my boyfriends. I don't want to cheat on a man, so after I get bored I end it. I don't know this whole thing is complicated. Anyone else like this

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because you don't want a "serious" relationship doesn't make you a less sincere or serious person. What defines that is whether or not you are honest with your intentions. As long as you are not making empty promises or intentionally misleads other people I see no wrong in this.

Just because it doesn't last forever doesn't mean that it's without value. A relationship that lasts a week can be more profound and valuable than one that lasts a lifetime. It's not time that defines value, it's the experience. And it's also okay to end a relationship when you feel that spark or whatever you are looking for is gone. You don't have to wait until something horrible and unforgivable happens. It's okay to part as friends before that happens and continue life's journey alone or with someone else.

It's possible to have high moral standards without wanting a "serious" relationship.

• Thank you for understanding my exact thoughts.

What Guys Said 13

• If you're not gonna be happy it'd be pointless to have a relationship. I've seen many girls the same way. Some don't even have the negative thinking you seem to portray on cheating marriages and such and still wish to remain single. Yes things can change, but that's only a possibility, not necessarily 100%. You'll probably know for sure around 30-35ish. There's plenty of single women in their 40's+ who have never been married. Some desire it, some don't.

I'm someone who is open to a relationship but never seeks one out. My main reason is that girls need to put effort in or they have no chance with me. This is someone with physical attractiveness, a car, and an apartment saying this. This isn't the typical guy at home with no job playing video games saying this. Honestly, the more I improve myself, the higher my standards get and I'm not just talking physical standards or standards in what the person has like many girls look for. I'm talking character. Like the girls who write in their dating profiles that the guy needs to have a "dope car" have no chance with me.

Since then, I've been NSA with hook ups and honestly, life is so much more stress free.

• Yup that's it. I can't also deal with how some people have no character

• See these bitches get wild. No any cheaters would. I can understand if someone cheats, but never claims loving them. That's a different story. I'm not saying it's still alight to cheat, but it makes a lot more sense. You know.. lol people are so pathetic

• I think you''ll feel differently when the well dries up and you no longer receive attention from men.

• Notice how she stayed quiet

• Ok. I'll leave you to your beliefs then. But I still stand by my original comment. Sometime down the road, maybe 15-20 years, maybe less, when all that attention you're getting is now a distant memory, you'll begin to realize that perhaps you're missing out on something special.

• Hahahahahahahh no.

• You might enjoy the next 5, 10 years? soon enough there will be prettier girls, younger girls, and you won't be any close to the center of attention anymore, and well.. it's not just about being alone but also feeling loved and cared for, and most importantly feeling like you've accomplished something.. there's nothing that beats being able to pull a happy strong family when it comes to happiness at the last 30-40 years of your life.

You can blame married couples and say they cheat and all, but that doesn't deny the fact that there are people who succeeded, there are very happy loving couples and families..

Wish you the best and hope your approach will change before it's too later.

• People pretend to be happy

• some do, I agree.. everyone goes through ups and downs, happiness and sadness.. but still, there are people who actually could lead an overall happy life.. it starts by believing you can!

• "There are way many different type of personalities out there? Why pick one and stay with them forever."

Because I want to select only the best of the best, and stick to it.

Of course, valuing these "men" as individual human beings rather than the conceptual hivemind you seem to make it look out to be tends to help with proper social behavior and the usage of proper conceptual constructs that are not detrimental to your social relations.

• In simple terms, stop the sexist generalizing and everything will be better.

• That's what man are

• That statement holds no value nor does it make any sense on any level of conceptuality nor does it hold any basis in reality.

• Not everyone can deal with commitment. Everyone is of course different.

That being said, when you're much older you may regret these decisions, just as someone who got married early may regret being held down.

Don't force yourself to commit if you'd rather just date for fun or be in a more open relationship.

• These Hoes ain't loyal - Chris Brown

• you're a nice slut. Truth hurts.

• Fuckin' skanless-ass bitches. You know how it go
    meet a bitch, fuck a bitch, next thing you know you fuckin'
    the bitch. You just pass it around and shit, pass the shit like
    a cold and shit.

• Whoever said I was sleeping with all of them

• I'll get off that gay shit if you get off that dike shit

• Just because I don't want marriage doesn't mean I'm a dike

• This is in regards to JSmuve's answer:

There was this pretty famous guy, i forget who, who thought that love was just absolutely stupid. He was quite an intelligent fellow also and did not think that 'love' existed at all.. Well anyways, I don't really remember the story but i know that he eventually fell in love with this lady and they got married. His wife passed away not too long after they got married and he totally changed his whole entire view on love... you see, what I'm trying to get at here is that love does indeed exist and if an intelligent man like that guy who thought love was absolutely non existent at all ended up falling in love with this women and ends up changing his whole entire view on love then that just proves that it does indeed exist.

I forget the guys name but i know he was one of those extremely intelligent philosophical guys who wrote a lot of inspirational quotes.

• Hahahah did he kill his wife

• Yeah that's true

• No, she passed away because of an illness and he was extremely heart broken about it.

• "Give it about 15 years. Things will change for you."

Already did and things are exactly the same, I don't want to wait another 15

• Things will always change, if you're married or not.

• agreed but change is not always the best :)

• Give it about 15 years. Things will change for you.

• There are people out there like you, so you're not alone. I'm not one of them though, although right now the idea of being together with one person does freak me out. I think that's only because I think they might wind up hurting me and then I will have wasted my time on them. I do not however agree with your statement on divorces. Yes, there are a lot of people out there who break up/divorce etc.. but for example, my mom and dad have been together 25+ years and going strong. You are basically attacking my parents, indirectly, as well as me. And I can't condone that

• Lmaooooo

• The QA, is essentially, trolling

• Not really

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not like this, but as long as you're honest with people about you just wanting things to be casual there's no problem with it.

• Yes I'm the same of course I wasn't always like this. My longest relationship was 3 months but it wasn't my fault those guys left me but I do admit now I get bored easily unless the guy has a quality I can't put my finger on

• I feel the same way men are pretty much at my beck and call

• That's true. It's all about making life easier

• Also trusting them about telling them about any feeling you have, and telling them about your past even if it's not the best. With one of my first boyfriends, I did everything for that guy. The second guy I had so called feelings for, I told him things that not even my family knows. I told him even about my family life, which isn't what I like to share with anyone. Shit like that isn't going to fly anymore. I think people are pathetic and just want you to love them so it's better for them. That happened 3 or 4 years ago. Now I don't give a shit and never will tell a man anytbing

• I hate to say it - but it sounds like you've only been exposed to some pretty crappy examples of marriage and have become EXTREMELY jaded a result. Believe it or not, there are marriages in which people say what they mean and do what they say. Marriage is very difficult sometimes, but it's a promise.

In my opinion, if you make a vow to someone - especially if it's before God - you must keep that promise, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you don't feel lovey dovey about them anymore. It doesn't matter if you don't have money. It doesn't matter if it feels like he pays more attention to his job than to you. It doesn't matter if you find him boring now. It doesn't matter if he finds you boring now. You made a vow each other to act as though you love each other, even after all those gushy feelings of love have faded away. And THAT is real love. Real love is acting as though you love, even when the feelings of love are no longer there.

And they WILL fade. You're still young, pretty, and have the upper hand on guys who don't have anything to recommend them but their cockiness, looks, and knack for charming. One day though, you won't be the pretty belle that all the guys are drooling over anymore. And even if you maintain your looks, guys careers will start soaring; their tastes will mature, and they will look for more in life than cheap sex, even if it is with someone beautiful.

There are many people like you, girls and guys. Your mindset doesn't affect you now, but just be careful! Do you honestly think you'll be satisfied in life living like that forever? Why be so pessimistic, so cynical, so morbid that you can't believe that honesty or keeping a promise is even possible anymore?

Keep your word to your friends, parents, colleagues, bosses... and boyfriends. Keeping promises is a sign of respect that goes beyond manipulation, beyond merely finding someone attractive. Love does exist, but you must show it first.

• I WILL NEVER LOVE ANYONE. No one deserves the way I will treat them

• I'm the complete opposite of you