Should affairs be kept between husband and wife or do the kids have the right to know?

Just wondering what you guys think. Is it better to tell your kids the truth than make a false image of a cheating parent?

Why or Why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a tough one. I think that they don't need to have that weighing on them while they're young... I just don't see how that helps them at all.

I think telling them once they're teenagers would probably be best. They'll probably let you know that they're ready by asking about the situation on their own anyway.

• from experience not a good idea, because no matter what its a weight they dont want or need

• i was talking about as teens as well.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think the kids have a right to know at all. Not only that, it might effect them in a bad way and if you told them, what is it going to help? Its a lose/lose to me.

• if she is the one beginning cheated on. she is trying to win the kids to her side and screw over the other parent. That's really the only reason to tell them i my opinion

• I don't think that is right at all. Using kids as a pawn to get your way.

• Unless you normally give your kids a run down of how often to have sex and who initiates an so on, I wouldn't mention it.

Your relationship and sex life are separate from their relationship as a parent to the kids.

• we humans are imperfect... children follow examples of their parents... you must decide whether you will or not but consider this.. would you rather your children follow the example that it is better to be honest than pretend to be a perfect human... or would you prefer them to follow the example that lying is always the best option and that it is better to lie to those around them...

• Depends on the age of the kids and the what it is that is being kept from them sometimes its better to lie and keep secrets other times it is better to let them know the truth.

• Kids should know because then they could know who the better parent is out of the two or if their parents were to try to forcefully control them they could use the affair that they had and throw it at their face.

• Wouldn't that be a vicious cycle? When will all the pain end if you keep on blaming.

• They shouldn't have cheated and I agree with you that it is a vicious cycle, but would if their parent's were really bad? Or it could teach their parents a lesson and they would stop cheating.

• Unless your getting a divorce I don't think the kids should know those details till they become adults

• Even than do you think it's the kids business?

• When they're adults or during a divorce?

• What are the ages? They may already know.

• People like you are pathetic. Slutty white culture

What Girls Said 7

• If the kids are young... yes, they should be protected. If they're older... then they should know exactly what kind of people their parents are. It'll only help them as adults. Well, the hope is that it helps/instructs.

• It's not a good idea for a kid to know or be involved in the messy drama of their parent's relationship. It just seems really unhealthy for their psyche.

• Kept between husband and wife. As a kid/teen when my parents got into fights my dad would always come talking to me about it. That always left me with resentment towards one party. They should know but only the basics. Personally I knew way too much involving my parents relationship. I'd rather had just knows the basics and left it at that.

• No you dont tell the children that

• Agreed. Kids don't need that weighing on them, and I think it'd unnecessarily rock their foundation at a young age.

• Tough call. I don't have kids so I can only speculate and speak in hypotheticals, so my opinion is pretty weak on the subject. :-)

• What happen between the parnets should stay between the parnets unless the childre are adults there self

• I don't think there's any reason for a child to know the nasty details of their parents' relationship.

• The kids need to know so they won't trust your lyin ass.