I'm a cashier, would greeting my crush "hello brown eyes" hint that I like him? Wink?

I basically wanna let him know I like him without the whole line having to hear me outright say "Oh yea lets go on a date" because everyone knows everyone around here. Should I greet him like that and will that let him know? Should I wink?

• That will hint you like him
  • No, that's just a compliment
How about hey handsome as someone suggested? More obvious?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with what others have said... I'd say something more like "heyyyy handsome", and make eye contact with him and smile. Maybe even follow up by asking him how his day is going, and do your cashiering more slowly so he sees that you're taking your time to talk to him and not just chit-chatting like you would with any regular customer.

If you do all that and he still doesn't get it, then you might have to knock him over the head and just drag him out to dinner with you.

What Guys Said 6

• Im not sure I would take that as a compliment, I would just think, hey she knows what color eyes I have. You might want to be more direct when it comes to this. Other wise it might fall flat and there is no real guarantee he will get that you are trying to get him to ask you out.

• No I wouldn't know and I wouldn't consider it a compliment. I would probably think you're just acting silly. If you did stuff like that enough I might catch on.

• Yust write your number on the back of the paper thingie with what he bought
    Then he will get it for sure

• Unless his eyes are REALLY light or he's the only person with brown eyes there, I don't see the significance in calling him brown eyes, they're really common.

• You have to wink it's crucial.

• You could say that, but I, personally, would want to hear, hey handsome

• That's actually a good idea. I'll probably turn red as a cherry if I say that but maybe I will

• He may respond, hello beautiful. Lets see if he does

• I know I would

What Girls Said 3

• normally winks are for saying 'hi'.. just non verbally. yes, if you wink and you like him. i would just wink and say something like how are you? depends how long you know him to comment on his eyes like that... it its a couple of weeks or days-it might be too soon. just act casually..

• lol yeah he will probably blush when you tell him that.

• I think it shows you are attracted to him, but I don't think he'll make a move with only that hint.

• Damn! Haha I'm just shy so me making a move first seems terrifying like even saying this is so out of my comfort level