What to do when a guy you're on a date with says you ask stupid questions?

So I was on a second date with a guy, I stayed over his house, no I did not have sex with him and he was fine with that, well he said he was. We went hiking, worst decision of my life. So hard, and then he was telling me to ask him questions and I was, and he kept telling me I was asking stupid questions and before we went to sleep I was talking to him and I wanted to know if he was doing anything with anyone else that's why I didn't want to go further because I'm a one type of guy person and I wanted to know his thoughts on it and he made me feel like a complete idiot for even asking. He kept telling me to ask questions and stuff but when I did he would make me feel like an idiot for asking it, and he is more of a realist and I'm indecisive person and I'm confused because our first date we had similar views and such, but the second he was entirely impatient and abrupt.

Wow, you all made me laugh hahaha

Most Helpful Guy

• That's why people date, to get to know someone. You date, talk and figure out if you want to have another date. Believe it or not you're not going to find your permeate boyfriend without a lot of trial and error. Dump this guy and move on right away. Things rarely ever get better, I mean if he's making you feel bad and it's only your second date, there could be trouble ahead. One or two or even five dates doesn't make a boyfriend. Find someone who will treat you nice and with respect.

What Guys Said 8

• You shoulda called him out on it. Like next time he told you to ask a question you shoulda said no and told him because he's just gonna call you an idiot.

But overall, just don't go on a third date and figure he just blew his chances with you. Overall, seems like things were possibly rushed there anyway. Plus if he seemed to do a 180 between the first and second date, he could be bipolar.

• I think so. I think it's weird and I should've called him out on it and in future I'm going to because I'm nice doesn't mean I can't call it out on someone.

• He's wanting you to take the place of a gal that does all those things in a certain way, so there's no way to get an A w/o knowing more about that gal. Instead of trying to please this guy, withdraw... possibly like the other gal did... until he begins to complement you for who you are. Charge him with being the pleaser and give up that impossible job.

• Yeah I'm not really into him he made me feel super uncomfortable because when I was younger my step mum would scream at me the I asked stupid questions and IRS a painful memory and for him to do that is just rude.

• I can imagine why you tolerated him for this long... practice from the past + your ego thinks at times "this is my world", so accept it... up to a point. You'll just have to get more picky when shopping, always reminding yourself of those old days that were not kind.

• Order the most expensive thing on the menu and tell him to fuck off. Saying you ask stupid questions is saying he thinks you are stupid. Ain't nobody got time for that.

• Yeah that's what I thought. He told me I'm young and inexperienced and I said experience comes in different things it just may not be what you expect.

• He is trying too make you feel stupid because of his insecurities, best too stay away from manipulative guys

• Abusive. Leave.

Although now I'm curious what kind of things you were asking.

• I was asking about his job, in the army, his political views, his family aha.

• I was like so with your job did you have to do certain exercise requirements as we were on a damn exhausting hike and the fact that he works in the networking thig so I was curious if they all had the same requirements. He said no they let everyone In and I thought it was an ok question after him telling me to ask questions. Then him being sarcastic was like um ok you wonder why I'm not asking questions.

• I really wouldn't want to live my life with a guy who retaliates this harshly. Even if he didn't like the questions, he could be nice about it, but he rather chooses to be a prick. Seriously, avoid him :P

• He's an idiot for wasting your time, move on you're a much better woman than he deserves.

• next time tell him to ask you a question first then when he asks just shout in his face 'FUCK YOU THATS WHAT' then leave

• Hahahahahaha I wish I could but I'm way to nice!!

• Laugh and walk away.

What Girls Said 4

• you're not an idiot.. you just wanna make sure things are going well... he is not allowed to judge you just slap that dude ,... he should respect you instead as labelling you as stupid
    http://i.imgur.com/7DTly.gif

• Yeah exactly, and I was just like casual like so are you doing this with anyone else and he was totally sarcastic about it which was fine, and I was like haha and we kept making jokes but then I started to get annoyed because he was like what do you wnat to do in 5 years time and I was like well way to put me on the spot.. and I looked silly but I joked it off and then I was asking questions about him and he was like ugh you ask stupid questions and then I was like oh I'm sorry and stopped talking because I was upset that someone would say that but then continue to tell me to ask questions.. as if I'd want to even say another word in case you bite my head off!

• just leave him...

• Well good thing you found out you're not compatible on the second date.

• It's weird I don't know why but we had similar views and then it just felt like he was judging and analyzing every single word I said. I told him dude chill.. it's the second date meeting we should just be casual and that stuff and he was like interrogating me :S

• He was acting this way because you didn't want to have sex. He was mad

• He said he was fine with it the night it stayed then the next day he changed

• Trust me a guy is never OK when you say no to sex

• Drop him, and fast. Why are you even questioning this? This guy is a total egotistical (ask me questions! Your questions are stupid!) jerk. Don't stay over, don't call him, don't accept his calls and block his number and forget him.
    You shouldn't even feel the need to explain why you don't want sex with him right now. This is just all around not a good match.
    To him, you're the girl that's there right now. For now. For now you're what's in front of him.
    For now "you'll do."
    If you feel crappy NOW, just wait and see how bad it makes you feel when he leaves you high and dry.
    And no, there's NOTHING you did wrong. Absolutely nothing. And there's nothing you can or should do. I don't even believe sex would have changed anything, just in case you're wondering.
    You deserve better, get out of there.

• Yeah and then in the car he was saying just because you wait to have sex doesn't mean anything and I said to me it does. And he's like it doesn't matter.

• Wowwwwww. BOLD. He's like totally disregarding your feelings and only cares about his.
      Laugh at this fool, he's got problems. Not a single thing wrong with what you've said or done.
      Being in a relationship with someone like that surely would chip away at your self confidence and make you question yourself. Even if you know this from the get go. Been there done that!

• Yeah. He was like if we had sex it wouldn't make anything different and I said I feel like it would help make a connection and I want to wait until I get to know you more and he said that's good to not change that but at the same time he was saying to me that you can wait 1 date or three dates it shouldn't have a predetermined number on it and I said that I don't have a "number" and that I would feel better waiting until I have more of an understanding of him and not wanting to regret it. I think I might've cut his ego a little because now that I think about it. I was basically saying I don't want t regret you if I let you do that to me type thing because we fooled around just not all the way and he said they're both the same thing and I said that's your opinion and I respect that. I think he was just in an unhappy mood that day. But I wouldn't want to take it out on the person I'm wanting to date