Coming over to my house for a first date?

Next week I'm planning on asking my crush out at school. It seems rather likely that she likes me back so that should be fine.

Now we're both extremely introverted and the weather is currently very cold and miserable so I thought "going out" on a date in the traditional sense wouldn't be the best idea.

I'm gonna have the house to myself for a while so I was thinking of asking her to come over to my place so it's just the two of us and watch movies and talk and just enjoy each other's company.

Is this a good idea? Also should she sleep over or not?
To me this sounds great but I really don't know if she'd be comfortable with something like that for a first date.

• Good Idea
  • Good Idea (and make it a sleepover)
  • Bad Idea

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to ask her out on a date. Being introverted isn't a good excuse because if you have enough courage to ask her, then why not go somewhere in public? Usually the only girls who agree to house dates that early on are thots so unless you are looking for some quick fun and dont care what she thinks about you, i wouldn't try it.

If sex isn't on your mind then ask her out on a real date. Guys who ask me over on house dates get tossed back in the pond because that shows in my eyes that they aren't serious and are just trying to waste my time.

What Girls Said 4

• Even if I had a crush on you I wouldn't be alone with you in a house for a first date. That screams 'I just want to have sex'. Honestly, I don't know how well you know this girl, but I wouldn't feel safe with a first date like that. Its not a good idea for us to be alone on a first date because of getting attacked and then we are told it was our fault for being alone on a first date.

How bad is the weather that you can't go to a restaurant? And you want a sleepover on the first date? Sorry you seem like a total ass that just wants to get in her pants.

• Sex was seriously the last thing on my mind. I think she knows me well enough to know that I don't have sex as one of my priorites.

Also it's not just the weather. We're both really nerdy and introverted and I figured it would be more enjoyable staying indoors.

• Bad idea! I know if a guy asked me to his place for a first date I would dismiss him as being only interested in one thing (sex) and if you have feelings or attraction towards her she could be completely thrown off and hurt by those assumptions. Being an introvert isn't an excuse not to go out on a date. If you have the courage to ask her out in the first place make it memorable. Do something that agrees with the weather, take her to an early dinner and a movie or something more personalised like an art gallery or whatever she likes or a common interest you both share. If you both like video games or whatever you do, take her out to lunch and offer for her to come back and play games (if she seems into you). Trust me ANY girl will assume you're in it for the sex if you invite her over to your place for a first date ESPECIALLY when you offer a sleepover. To me that's a 4th or 5th date kind of thing.

• if your parents are there then don't do it... but if they aren't its a great idea!

• Unless your parents will be like downstairs or something... She's probably rather go somewhere public.

What Guys Said 3

• Depending how close you guys are, it can be good or bad. Generally, it's not a very good idea.

• good idea but don't let things get too heated up

• Depends on how good friends you two are, but in my experience it isn't such a great idea it tends to make the girl more nervous/ uncomfortable