Girlfriend tells me she is insane... Should I take this literally?

So girlfriend I been seeing has repeatedly been telling me the following line " I keep telling u I'm fucking insane "! I typically laugh it off and almost find it cute. But I've been thinking should I be paying closer attention to it as some other actions are leading me to believe it may be true. I used to think a truly insane person would not be aware of their insanity and therefore wouldn't tell u they were inane. Lol. Should I run?

One of the things that she said was she tried to suffocate her ex while he slept by putting a pillow over his face. Maybe she is insane?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, she has that premise and you're still talking to her? What the hell are you doing?

• As you can clearly see, you can be insane and know about it. The problem is that if you accept it as your identity, which she did. She is perfectly okay with it. You shouldn't relate with such people.

What Girls Said 6

• Don't run, she's telling you this because she feels comfortable and wants you to accept her for who she is. I do this with my boyfriend too, I always refer to myself as a psycho, I do it to push him away because really I'm very needy. I think you should try to comfort her and accept her for who she is if you really care about her :)

• well she is most likely doing it repeatedly because you laugh and think its cute. your opinion must matter a lot to her then...

• I think she means she is insane... Who would try to kill someone in their sleep. Just imagine what she will do to you when you have fights. No relationship is perfect and what happens when you have quarrels?

• Dude, save yourself. Self aware crazy people are the worst cause when they say their insane you don't usually think on it too much. And that's when they kidnap u :/

Run... as fast and far as u can

• Part about how she tried to kill her ex worries me a little though...

• Wow you're insane too

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think she's serious about the thing with an ex. She might be trying to be funny. Or she might be crazy but not legally insane.

• She just sounds like an attention whore. Legit crazy people think they are rational.