Getting a girl's number vs giving your number to a girl. Which one is better and why?

• Getting a girl's number
  • giving your number to a girl

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd rather the guy get my number. or we could exchange numbers
    If he just gives me his number i might not call. he was the one who approached me and wanted to talk to me thats just cocky to approach a girl and then give her your number like she's supposed to cal you when you wanted her in the first place. Like I don't know you

• I gave my number to her saying. I am gnna play today and if u are interested. Gimme a call and she took my number. didn't asked for hers btw. I even told her if u are interested gimme a call. She said i have lots of work and i have planned many things but nothing is fruitful. Then i said ya. Man propose god dispose. Then i said no worries chalo bye and moved on all the way.

• i dont want to spook her. So i casually told that i have planned to stay for till 7pm to play tt with my frnz. If u are interested in playing call me. I didn't even bothered to look whether she saved my no or not. But i saw she typed my number. I want to make it as casual. She didn't called me today. I know she wont. ;-) in future perhaps. The ball is in her court

• we know each other. she is kind of more than acquaintance and less than friend... she knows i am truing some thing :)

What Girls Said 6

• If you give a girl a number, she may assume you're arrogant and expect her to want to text you anyway, whereas if you make the effort to go out of your way to get her number and text her first I would say that it displays a genuine interest.

• I prefer it when a guy gets my number because I'm not a first moves type. Once I had a guy randomly give me his number and when I texted him he didn't respond.

• If you give her your phone num there's a chance she will never call

• If you are the "fear of rejection " sort I suggest you to pass her your number. Well at least you won't be rejected in the face if she's does not find u appealing.

• i am not fear of rejection :) i am a bold fish. i know plenty of fish in sea... i want to assess her interest before i ask her or move things forward. so to test the waters i did gave my number

• i like to give the guy my number

• Getting her number. You will be in control

What Guys Said 4

• Getting her number is a better choice. Because you now have a form of communication and could set up a date etc.

• If you want to hear from her again you will get her number.

• Retain control at ALL times. Get the number, the number is the power. Only time to give yours is perhaps when your playing a very hot girl who is used to giving guys her number and even then it has to be played very well

• i am dealing with a hottie. but not very hot... will see...

• getting her number cuz she won't call you if you give her yours.