Do you believe in soulmates?

Do you believe in soulmates?
Why? Why not?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I do believe in them. I feel their this certain connection that you can bond with someone mentally and emotionally very fast but then it comes down to are you attracted to them but Icame across this post and it was a mind fuck of what a soul mate is. I feel their may be a few diff soulmates out their it can be a person that horrible it can be even someone of the same sex that you consider your bestest friend it really hard to put soulmate into one meaning I feel.

• “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…” ―Elizabeth Gilbert

The quote that mind fuck me lol

• Yes tha quote let me see soulmates im a new light. I feel people have many ones. But most are to help us get to where will be and who we become until we end up with the best one for us
      Yes it is truly something and I dont think we can never truly forget people that had a impact on are lifes wheather it was good or horrible impact.

What Girls Said 18

• I didn't until a couple weeks ago, but I found this guy and he seems to be exactly what I dreamed of in a guy.. Kinda weird. But we talk and he's into poetry and writing like I am. He also works out a lot, too, like me and we just seem to have a lot in common. Even things that you wouldn't think two strangers would have in common.

• I do believe in. There is someone for everyone. He knows your weaknesses, insecurities and everything, yet he accepts you as you are. It is difficult to find but not impossible.
    Life gives whatever you are capable of. If you're capable of love, you will find.

• Yes and I'm marrying mine in just under a year.

• I love the idea of soul mates. I think that there is one person for each person on this earth and that one day you will find them. Its a very romantic idea, and as a romantic, i definitely believe it.

• No, for the simple reason that many people don't seem to understand/ignore the differences between love, friendship, romance and lust. My soul-mate would understand these differences. Yes, if said person exists anymore.

• I'll tell you when I actually find mine haha
    Well, I don't know if I believe in them, I think I believe more in finding a person that just fits with you. And there can't be just one soulmate.

• What she said

• A person that fits me really well but is also quite similar to me is my definition of a soulmate.
      I met her when i was 18 so if you follow my trend then 1 year of patience and he will show up haha.

• I think everybody could be happy with several different people. So... no.

• oh definetlly.
    Why because in my church you have to marry in our religon so i think of it as god choosing some1 for u making it soulmate

• Well I can agree on that, in my religion it states God made them as man and woman, so each man has his woman and each woman their man, I think I will leave it to God to find me the right one. I intend to marry only once.

• ur welcome

• Yessss I do

• it's a cliché, I know, but yes. I believe in soulmates

• I don't believe in soulmates especially it less happens and when it happen to you then good :)

• I don't believe in soul mates, mostly because I've never experienced a natural affinity with anyone.

• No, I don't.
    The idea is nice, and I actually just linked a beautiful myth of Plato's on a similar question - www.psychologytoday.com/.../the-origins-love
    But I believe that relationships only last when the people care enough to REALLY work at it... and there's some luck thrown in there too, haha!

• Yes. I believe that everyone has a person out there that will love them unconditionally and help them with their problems.

• No... unfortunately things like that don't exist.

• No I don't. I think people like to make shit up

• I do but I think people get confused about what a soulmate is.

• Would you care to explain your definition, maybe I confused it too?

• I don't think a soul mate will always be someone you're happy with. I love my bubba and I couldn't live without him but he's also a horrible excuse for a human being. I'm happy sometimes but most times I'm disappointed or hurt or mad or sad.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, totally.
    Now first of all my definition of a soulmate is someone who fits you extremely well sometimes making you feel like she shares the same soul.

I met a girl like this and it was something i never experienced with anyone before and anyone ever since. When i looked at her deep down inside i knew we where the same person. If i was born in her body i would have made the exact same choices and become who she was at that moment.

Another girl i met felt more like my other half then the soulmate type of girl. She is the more logical version of a soulmate in the sense that she was someone who fit me really well. With this girl it felt like she was just what i needed and together we made each other complete.

Both girls i loved with all my heart and i can't wait for number 3 to show up ^^

• Yes, but there is more than one soulmate

• No.
    There are millions of people than can make any one person happy.

• No. I believe in compatibility. Soulmates are for kids.

• No I think that there are too many people to have a soul mate.

• Not any more!!!

• No I don't believe in 'the one' but the 'one of many' philosophy.

Soul mates, happily ever after is just waffle you find in Disney movies and what not.

• I know that line of thought, it may be realistic, but it makes you empty and soulless. Be careful.

• Perhaps you are right.

• Yeah and somebody can have many soulmates