Has anyone had success with online dating? If so which dating site would you recommend?

Basically what's in the question. I kind of want to start dating, I dont really go to new areas, so I'm thinking about trying online dating. I know of Okcupid, match. com and eharmony. But I want to know which dating site (doesn't have to be the ones listed) do you guys think is better or has better success at finding more honest, nice guys than creepers? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I found my GF on Okcupid from being on for about a month. So yes it worked for me. But at the same time I think I got lucky. Most of the girls I tried to talk to wouldn't respond. And those who did message didn't always seem like a good fit. Only one was in a creepy way, but this is from a guys perspective. In general the issue with online dating from guys is that they don't get responses back.

From a girl's perspective it's totally different. As long as you're decently attractive you're probably more likely to get hounded by creepy people.

To me, I think you should just join whatever you can for free. Don't get overwhelmed by the creeps just ignore them and block them if they pester you. And if you find guys you are interested in don't be afraid to message them first! Girls have a much higher success rate than guys with this kind of thing.

What Guys Said 7

• I actually have the same question of which one is recommended. I don't know so much if I'm interested in dating, more so to talk to people and learn about them. Not that dating is not an option. I never dated anyone so I'm not really sure how all that works.

If you find a good one let me know. Thanks.

• I started 3.5 months ago. I was with my ex 25 yrs. so it was difficult. My sister told me about POF. com (plenty of fish). as a matter of fact she just got married last Friday to someone she met on POF. I also started on Tinder which is an app for your phone.
    I have had very good success on both. After several dates I did decide to try Match. com. STAY AWAY. it is a complete POS website. it is a waste of money.
    I have had 3 dates from Tinder, 3 from POF and 1 from match.
    I have never heard of Okcupid. I will check that one out.
    It is a lot harder for women. My sister said about 75% of the emails women get will be from perverts and guys just looking for sex. so you have to be really patient.
    But I urge you to not be one of these women who their whole profile is negative about the kind of guy she doesn't want to contact her.
    also, don't be the woman that puts nothing about herself in the profile and wants the guy to try and figure out if you have anything in common. it very frustrating.
    My name on POF and MATCH is Godfatherfan33. You can see what I put out there on mine if you like. Gives you an idea.

Good Luck...

• Creepers and fake profiles are everywhere in online dating. It doesn't matter what site you go to.

I somewhat prefer OKC because it seems like the people three are a bit more serious about their intentions, but Plenty of Fish gives you the most freedom before hitting a paywall among major sites AFAIK, so it may give you a larger pool of men than elsewhere. Of course, more men means more guys just looking for sex and more social misfits.

Only the top percent or two of guys (those who are really attractive and/or successful) actually get responses from girls regularly, so the guys who will take the time to show genuine interest often end up losing interest pretty quickly. This greatly affects the type of guys who remain active on those sites.

You should really try to get out and meet people. Online dating can be a tool to expand your potential dating pool, but it's not a good substitute for traditional social interaction.

• I've had profiles on many sites... but the only one I've ever actually had an active account with is zoosk... its not the best site... but once you get used to it... it does work... i did hit it off with one person... but now we're long distance Facebook buddies... ugh... now im back looking again...

• Datehookup. com
    Bro Im telling there are a lot of honest and hot girls on this site.
    Click most helpful

• No and I would never recommend to a guy getting on any online dating sites. They are a waste of time and guys are nothing but numbers on those useless sites.

• My issue is I am shy and I have been told on here it might be good for my. I am extremely reluctant though I hear it can be bad.

What Girls Said 5

• I have had online dating success, I met my current boyfriend of almost 1 year now on Plenty of Fish (POF). It's a free dating site so there are a ton of people on it. Honestly, I think there are going to be a ton of creepers and a ton of people who just want hook-ups on these sites and I think it's important to take certain steps to protecting yourself if you plan to meet these people in person, and also with weeding out the creepers and guys who only want hookups.

1) If you have zero attraction to that person, there is no point replying back to them, it's only leading them on for no reason. If there is some attraction there and their message seems respectful and kind, shoot them a message back because you never know what it could turn into.
    2) If you find profiles of guys you like on POF (I'm not sure how the other sites work), but you don't want to message them, you want to see if they'd be attracted to you, add them to your favorites list (because they can see who has added them as a favorite). If they like you, they will shoot you a message.
    3) Your 'most compatible matches' don't necessarily mean you will have chemistry so keep that in mind and don't get too set on people too quickly.
    4) Do the tests. Make sure they are respectful when they talk to you and that conversations don't quickly lead to sexual talk, bad news (obviously).
    If you've been talking for a bit to where you feel comfortable (it can be a week, or a month, or whatever your pace is... mine was roughly a week) you can give em your # or facebook. If you get fb creep them right away to see if there are any red flags to you or things you really dislike on his page.
    If you still like what you see and get along well via text where conversations are still not highly sexual then ask to Skype them or facetime or some other video chat so that you can see them and hear their voice. this way you will really know if you want to meet him and if you do go to meet him, you will know its really him.

• Try badoo... Great to find people living in your area :)

• Met my boyfriend on pof.

• I've used online dating sites like tagged, POF and OkCupid just for the hell of it. My favorite had always been OKP since it doesn't seem as ghetto but most cute guys on there have high standards from what I've read on their profile. It's a great place to make friends but most guys will always want more. I met my current boyfriend on there and strangely enough we really did match but I guess we just got lucky.

• Try World of Warcraft
    I'm jk... 😊
    I've tried online dating and hated it I'd much rather meet someone face to face. But I guess it differs from person to person. If you don't like talking or texting on the phone much I wouldn't recommend online dating.