Is it true that absence will make the heart grow weaker?

I barely see my boyfriend and the more I don't I really miss him a lot. I have read articles about when a person is around somebody 24/7 and one of them goes away the heart grows weaker as if they were a stranger due to the fact they was around each other too much. Is it normal to have this feeling?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's definitely. With my GF I've had extended periods away from her and I definitely missed her. Couldn't wait to see her again. That isn't to say that I don't like it when I'm around her all the time, but when you're away from each other it just makes you long for each other more

• Ya that's what he said. we can't be around each other 24/7 because I know for a fact when he leave I will become a total stranger

What Guys Said 1

• I think that pick up artists use this wiseness. there's this call her after 3 days rule. give her some space to make her feel more need in you and appreciate it when you date her. (If I just had followed it I would have gf right now, or maybe a few more weeks cause we did all too fast.

What Girls Said 1

• If anything, your hearts grows stronger. If the distance between you and your boyfriend doesn't change how you love each other, you two must really care for one another. : )

• The thing is we wasn't around each other 24:7 all day because I've heard that doing this will cause you to become a stranger when apart for so long.