What do you say to a girl. another shy guy thread?

so im pretty shy. im in graduate school with only 60 people in my class. I don't meet many women at all. and i don't want to get into a relationship with someone from my class. school relationships are a no-no. if it doesn't end up working out, it would be an awkward few years. I've had a relationship before which lasted 5 years. I somehow got the courage to ask her out after chatting with her the entire semester. That was because I saw her regularly at school in undergrad. that didn't work out. So now I have to completely rely on meeting random women and approaching random women to find the girl of my dreams. Most people tell me "just say hi" but what after? I know most girls don't like being approached by random men let alone give them a chance. Even if i do say hi, what do i say next. I don't want to start a conversation like i'm just some dude trying to make small talk.. Do i tell her "i thought she was cute"? that seems to be too forward. And most random women dont want to strike up conversations with strangers. Im just not sure, where to meet a good decent woman. Wish i was back in undergrad. Any advice would help. Even though this problem is embarassing to admit, im not going anonymous. I am who I am.

Most Helpful Girl

• after.. just say wazup?

What Girls Said 1

• after hi, ask a question such as what are you up to this weekend? anything you could say you think she cute! girls like being called cute well, most do lol! not all... and not most tomboys... unless they are looking for it... try asking for her number or somethin like that... hope it helps. it took me along time before i could talk to a cute guy, or a guy i have a crush on without sounding like a idiot. ^)

What Guys Said 1

• Bro, the answer to that is longer than you think, read "Tao of Badass"

• thanks for the recommendation. will do