Girls and Guys , Would you date someone who dated your friend before ?

I want to ask a girl out , But her friend is my ex and they are still friends.
Do I have any chance with her?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible but we girls don't like that and sometimes we reject the guy just because it is an unwritten rule that you don't touch friends' exes

What Girls Said 7

• I would and I did. It's never easy... nor was it planned. Sometimes you just can't help it. For me, we just started out as friends and who knew we would hit it off so well. It DOES bring out some issues but I wouldn't dismiss the idea entirely. Ofcourse, this also depends on the person. If your friends ex is a dick then no... ofcourse not. XD

• I'd say it's okay, but there are other factors to look at first. Like, how long ago was this breakup between you and your ex? How bad was the breakup? If the fallout was bad or recent, chances are, the girl might just say no to save your ex from the hurt. Assuming they're reasonably good friends, and not just acquaintances loosely termed as 'friends', of course.

Aside from that, it also depends on you. Can she trust you never to make her choose between your ex and you? Or, at least, not to seek out conflict with your ex on purpose, or rise to the bait if your ex lashes out? Whether the relationship will be 'safe' and comfortable for her will be a crucial influence on her decision.

• More than likely not. Depends on how close the "friend" was, but if it's a girl I still spend time with then probably not. Too messy.

• Well that is hard... The typical "girl code" is to not date someone your friend went out with but it all depends. How long did the relationship last? How long ago? Did it end badly? And how were their feelings? Those are some questions that would run through a girls mind when they are in that situation.

• How close are they? If we are even somewhat close, definitely not. It would just make for an awkward and messy situation...

I remember in high school there was this group of 3 girls that were best friends, and they all dated the same guy. 2 of them were only with him briefly.. like a couple weeks. The last one they ended up dating all through highschool and uni and now they're married. The three of them are not friends anymore and needless to say the two girls were not at their wedding :P

• If it was a close friend, I wouldn't date him

• Oh jeez, I couldn't. I'd feel so guilty!

What Guys Said 3

• It's possible just make site your friend is OK with it so they don't get mad

• I ended up marrying one of my friends' exes

• WHAT? Can you tell me more? are you still friend with that guy? Doesn't it bother you?

• Doesn't bother me at all. To be fair, they dated in HS, and I met him in my early 20s, after college... so not knowing them as a couple likely made it easier. He introduced me to her.

• I like how most guys said yes. I would not it would just be plain awkward.