Would a guy go for a virgin & commend her or be proud of her, rather than pop her cherry?

I am a 23 year old virgin. I am honest & upfront with any guy who asks or may want to start a relationship. 2 months ago my (npw) ex of 4.5 months broke up with me... basically by not talking to me. I was honest with him from the beginning of our relationship & he claimed he understood. Obviously he didn't & he didn't have the balls to admit it.

So... guys... when you hear the word VIRGIN, do you immediately think 'yeeeees pop her cherry' or are you willing to be understanding &/or patient with her & develop a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the rare breed of old fashioned males actually LOOKING for virgin girls that will wait until marriage with me.

My girlfriend of now is insanely innocent and a hardcore Christian so NOTHING sexual goes on between us- It's all closed mouth kisses and hugs. This sometimes bothers me because I'd like to do SOME dirty things (groping, perhaps some oral) but again it's all being kept for until marriage. I love her enough to respect her body and continue our relationship because in the end it'll all be worth it. C: .

• Keep thinking that!!! :) You & your girl are one lucky (& cute!) couple!! :)

What Guys Said 7

• Well I have a strong fear of blood. That is the only reason I do not like virgins. When I hear virgin the first thing that comes to my mind is "this is going to take a while". As bad as it sounds, this does not mean that Im only interested in sex. If I like the person, then their status does not mean anything. And ooooooooh, breaking up with you by not talking to you? Yeh ur right that guy was a complete wimp. Maybe the next guy won't be a complete wimp. Go for a guy that works out and goes for the gym. Muscular guys have discipline

• But aren't muscular guys more horny? :( or not all of them lol My ex did work out! But he was 6'4 so... not very bulky lol

• Yeh ur kind of right. The reason for that is because girls are soft and squishy. I go to the gym all the time so I am hard and muscular. Something soft is a nice change of pace. I guess you're right. disregard the last part of my comment :)

• If he basically broke up to you by not talking to you, can you be sure he broke up with you because he wanted sex but you wanted to wait? Is it possible he broke up with you for another reason?

That being said, I have dated women who were virgins and said they wanted to remain so until marriage. I respected their decision. In the end, one of them changed her mind about waiting and the others didn't work out but not because of their wanting to remain virgins.

• Be patient and try to develop a relationship. If I find out the reason for her virginity signals red flags for me, just let her go. But I have to find out because it could be a very stable relationship.

• Just curious... what would be a red flag?

• Solo... if a girl was felt up by her cousin against her will... or she had medical issues when she was younger, is that a no go?

• It would require more serious thought than a standard relationship would.

• Depends on how long she expects me to wait.

• Pop the bitxhes cherry

• My girlfriend is an older virgin (late 30s), and I am totally okay with it. I am a virgin as well, which probably has something to do with that, though. Like CosineTangent, we don't french kiss or grope. We are religious, too.

• yes there are guys who would understand and be patient with you.

What Girls Said 3

• GURL I TOTALLY GET YOU

• Yay! :) so I'm not the only one? :)

• nope keep your help held high and don't let anybody pressure you or tell you any different

• I can relate. I'm 23 and a virgin also. Are you waiting until marriage? I'm not. I just haven't found a guy who i loved or cared enough about to give it to. It definitely gets harder with dating and what not because a lot of guys our age are just looking for random hook ups.

• Its a toss up... if we're pretty committed then perhaps...

• Yeah commitment is a biggie. It's just hard finding a good guy who wants to get to know me completely and love me for me before having sex.

• Agreeeee!!!

• Props to you for waiting :) I lost my virginity a while back and have zero regrets because I wanted to lose it on my terms not those of a book written in a time where women had no say in what they did. Back when men were the only ones with a voice. I don't want anyone to control what I do with my body.