Should I try avoiding women for the next few years so I can achieve my goals?

Hi y'all. I'm going to be attending college soon for my dream pursuit of an engineering major. It will be extremely difficult but I'm up for the challenge. Anyways, I have really big goals set for myself within the next 5 years. Getting my degree is one of them. The problem is that this summer and for the next few years I will be SEVERELY strapped for time. I managed to find a careful balance with time management, but only enough time for myself. Working two jobs this sumner and all the studying I'll be doing in the next several years will eat up my time. Not to mention I still have hobbies and will be exercising, doing clubs & activities, and having my own personal leisure time.

Anyways, my Freshman year of high school, coach taught us that women are distractions. He didn't mean it in a bad way, but that if you have high goals that take tons of dedication and work, women would just get in the way of it all. I realized senior year of high school that this was true because I got a girlfriend and from all my other commitments I could only fit her in once, maybe twice for a few hours every weekend. One of her reasons for breaking up was that I wasn't giving enough time for her and she felt unappreciated because of it.

So now here I am. I'm very introverted and not sexually frustrated, so I shouldn't have an issue with a few years of having no girlfriend (I don't do casual). Also, money is quite tight and will be for the next few years, so I won't be in any financial position to maintain a relationship anyways. I'll start dating again probably at the very end or once I'm down with college.

Does this sound like an okay plan or good idea? Or am I doing wrong and setting myself up for failure? All constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand you, I did this during High School. Maybe you should find a girlfriend that is very ambitous too and you can do with her ordinary things that you do alone.
    If you can't find a compatible girlfrined with you and your goals, better t be single, because it's worth it.

• thanks for MH :)

What Girls Said 5

• you probably don't need a relationship. if you want to fuck you can get a friends with benefits tho

• It all depends on your attitude, I know i wouldn't be able to do it. I was wondering why you can't fit a gf in with the time you spare with clubs, exercising ( get a girl that does that), and you leisure time?

• Funny how I am trying to avoid guys & relationships too. But the worst fact of life is that we do not choose who we want to love lol 😢😢 love is natural. You could be focused and then this super awesome person would show up and your life and then you fall head over heels for her. I don't think you should avoid women. Just be casual and cool about everything. Try your very best to stay focused. Have goals to motivate you everyday. Your major is like a lot of work so good luck 😏😏

• Whatever is best for you

• women don't nessisarily have to be in a relationship with you. Hang out with some girls. get laid once in a wile and don't let it distract you

What Guys Said 2

• Oh i think you need my experiences coz i been there. Yes, dont try, just do it.
    Im an engineering students who worked 3 times harder than my classmates. Im a poor and i need to pay my tuition fee and other miscellaneous cost. So for the entire 6 years, i been alone and single. Believe me or not your profession worths a lot compare to other things.

• Dude I gotta follow this game plan