Do guys prefer girly girls to sturdy girls?

Do guys only like sweet and skinny girls? I have to know because my ex-roommate, who had about as much personality as a wet mop, gets asked out all of the time. I, on the other hand, am a sturdy girl who likes to joke around and just relax and yet I haven't been asked out in a year. What is the deal guys? Do girls have to be girly to get asked out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally don't judge her by her body very much. Though often if she has a really hot body it can be the jump off point for wanting to know her. For me it's important that she smiles lots and can really enjoy a good laugh. Eyes are super important too of course (ie: eye contact I mean.) I also want to say that the best relationships (3) that I have had the girl actually asked me out first! I hope this helps and cheers :D

• I think many guys do appreciate a girl who asks them out. I know several that date more girls that have asked them out than they have actually asked girls out.

• Yeah and I love it because women are more in charge in this world now. When I was younger it was almost taboo for a girl to ask a guy out. That is why I am actually proud to have been asked out those years ago. Now it should happen much more often! :D

What Guys Said 3

• You're an individual.
    Compliant ("wet mop") people are no challenge, therefore more likely to be asked out, but less likely to be in a lasting relationship.
    Don't give in and become someone you're not and probably despise.

• Your friend is probably hot. We can try to deny it, but physical appearance is very important to guys. Also, if she has the personality of a wet mop, it can be easier to put up with her. No arguments. Sexy and submissive are two qualities many guys love in girls...

• Be careful, there is such thing as being to 'lax. We like relaxed women but there has to be a perfect medium

What Girls Said 3

• I noticed that too. I once knew a very boring girl with no personality whatsoever and a lot of vanity and pride - she never showed any expression on her face - she was like a walking statue - never smiled - never angry - never sad - just a bland and bored face all the time - she was SUPER POPULAR with guys and had 1000 friends on facebook. She was pretty but no personality whatsoever and somewhat of a narcissist. I remember her cheating and dating around for no other reason than to make her boyfriend jealous and hurt him. When she did this too often, he eventually dumped her and then she cried.

• No everyone likes different things

• By sturdy do you mean chubby?