Why do people (mainly men) think it's okay to stare at you?

It's not even a dirty look. You're not wearing anything bad, you're just talking to someone or minding your own business
I find this extremely rude to keep on looking at a girl. If you are looking at someone you should say something. These are random men and men I know. It's weird
Why do men do this. Seriously

Most Helpful Guy

• I stare at girls because they're beautiful and it's a joy to just to look at them. There is a sense of awe you get when you see a beautiful woman that such loveliness could exist in a living thing. It's a pleasure just to see them, and not just a sexual pleasure but a fuzzy, butterflies in your stomach feeling that makes you feel alive. A woman draws the eye and it's hard to look away because everything else is dull in comparison. It's like going to a museum and staring at the floor.

Personally I don't approach because I'm not secure in myself enough to do it. I would love to have a girlfriend but I've got a lot of problems in my life and I'm just not in a place where I can put myself on the line like that so I just bask in her radiance when she's around. It's not much but it's something.

Listen, guys don't stare because they want to make you uncomfortable. Staring is not a passive-aggressive punishment men dole out to immodest women. Nor is it sleazy or possessive or objectifying. Just because a man thinks you're beautiful doesn't mean he does not recognize your humanity.

I know you must feel put upon to be the centre of attention you didn't ask for and I can't blame you for that but please don't chastise men for wanting you. Make the best of it and take it as a compliment (because it is). Staring is an act of admiration. Staring is the outward, physical manifestation feelings of longing and desire. And for some men it's all they have. Don't deny them even that.

What Guys Said 1

• My reason is because the girl has a boyfriend

What Girls Said 4

• I can't stand people staring. Women do it too. i think its just people being nosey!!
    They stare just because they can.
    Wanna make it stop?
    This is what I do: Smile and Wave at them.
    Thats my way of saying "Yes bitch I see you staring at me, stop it." and usually people do stop. There's a difference between making random eye contact or seeing someone walk past, but to stare and not stop, thats where its annoying.

• That's normal and to be expected if you're wearing a blouse that reveals boobs half way down or wearing really short skirts :P

You won't survive if you're surrounded by Asians or in Asian countries because they can stare at you for an eternity. It gets much worse. :)

• It means the men probably find you physically appealing. Take it as a compliment jeez! (unless they are glaring at you instead of just staring at you). But I kind of get what you're saying: sometimes it annoys me too when some guys do that to me and makes me impatient-like, "ok i get it, you're staring at me for a long time-but what is it? Get to the point-if you want to talk to me, just talk already!"

• Flick em' the Bird.