How does a shy girl get into dating when she seems to go unnoticed by the guys she likes?

~~So main question: How do I get guys who I like to notice me without having to go out of my way and introduce myself or dress up to impress him? ~~

Whether it be that hot guy I sometimes see around campus but don't actually know or a guy who I find attractive just seems to have me in the friend zone, I always end up getting the guys I don't really want. Like I don't find him attractive but he's nice because he likes me & wants something more.

I don't know what my problem is besides being shy & sometimes giving mixed signals. I have self esteem issues even though I've been called pretty or beautiful by strangers.

My first year of college is over and I didn't even get my first bf or kiss. Tbh I don't get all dolled up when I go to school because I feel the attention is superficial. I want a guy to like my personality and not assume I'm dumb when I do look good if I dress up.

Most Helpful Guy

• A guy isn't just going to approach you unless you're that lucky. If you see a guy you're interested in and you'll never see him in your life, do something, at least make yourself known so the next time u see each other u can say hi.

What Guys Said 2

• Try taking the initiative, you'd be surprised as to what can happen believe me.

• I agree you have to negate something so he notices you find someone that shares similar interest as you and things like that.

What Girls Said 3

• Sorry but you'll have to take the initiative or be passive and only have the guys that want you

• If she's not getting noticed she has to speak up

• Become friends with the guy