How can an average guy stand out from the rest?

I'm an all-around average guy. I'm average looking (generic-looking white dude), have an average job (work for a bank), and I'm pretty average in terms of suaveness/coolness/swagger. When it comes to dating (online or otherwise), I feel like I'm always put into the "maybe" category. I don't think I'm boring (I've written books, I rock climb, I'm in above-average shape) and I think I'm pretty funny.

So what's the secret that I'm missing out on? What do the "yes" guys have that the "maybe" guys don't?

Most Helpful Girl

• having confidence and being able to treat a girl in a way that makes her feel special and as if she means something to you is what sets the yes guys apart from the maybe guys

What Girls Said 3

• Is best not to pretend to be like someone, just be yourself and be more confident that you are the "yes" man.

• Being the most outgoing, funny, and charming.

• Maybe you just haven't met the right people. I think that it doesn't matter how 'average' a guy is as long as he is himself. Show people your personality and you should be fine.

What Guys Said 2

• Can you carry a conversation with a woman? Are you one of those men who know what to say, how to say it, and how to act to make a woman feel the emotion she needs to say YES!

Women can easily overlook an average guy if he is one of those people who are like what I said above. Seen a not so good looking guy with a better looking woman in the store just earlier.

• Just talk to women your interested in and be yourself. If they don't like that then talk to someone else. One life, live it.