If someone you are dating hurts you, what type of behaviors do you express?

Do you ignore, lash out at the person, become quiet and distant etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they were unaware of what they were doing, I would explain it to them so they could avoid it in future.
    If they were already fully aware that their action was hurtful, I might tell them that I couldn't do that to them; just before I walk away and burn all bridges.
    They don't get a second chance for deliberately hurtful.

What Guys Said 5

• i would look for reason why did she do it, i would be curious if she is being harassed which made her do it.

• I usually become quiet so I can sort it all out in my head, and if I feel like it warrants discussion then I'll bring it up with them.

• Depends on the type of pain, if it's physical violence then I'd just avoid them altogether afterwards, if it's not then it's probably "become quiet and distant" until it seems like the time is right to resolve it.

• Zero tolerance. I'll drop her like a rock down the Grand Canyon.

I don't lash out. I just stop pursuing her, and at that point it's up to her to prove she isn't the POS I think she is.

• Ignoring. If someone hurts me, I need time alone

What Girls Said 2

• I likely won't discuss it. i dont like feeling like someone has the power to hurt me, so i'll probably just look at the inappropriateness ; irrationality of their behavior from an analytical stand point, but conveniently drop off the part about it hurting me. so that i can point out the issue without feeling like i was wounded. im sure this will catch up with me some day. but it seems to be how i operate, atm.

• If we barely started dating I'd talk it out.. if we've been together a while I'd analyze if my reaction is reasonable and if it is I'd talk it out.