Nice guy or douche bag? Which will get you what?

Guys and girls, if a chick I'm after had a real big falling out with her ex because she thought he was being a real dick (even though the dude tells me he wasn't), and she later showed interested in me because I was nice, should I douche it up or keep being me?

Like if I was looking for sex, how should I act? If I was looking for a sincere relationship?

I'm looking for a sincere relationship with this girl btw.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nice guy or douche bag? Which will get you what? Like if I was looking for sex, how should I act? If I was looking for a sincere relationship?
    Depends on the type of gal you want. There are plenty of gals that jump to f*cking a nice guy or a douche bag. There are also plenty of gals that jump to a sincere relationship with a nice guy or a douche bag.

if a chick I'm after had a real big falling out with her ex because she thought he was being a real dick (even though the dude tells me he wasn't), and she later showed interested in me because I was nice, should I douche it up or keep being me?
    If you want a relationship it's probably suited to keep being you as it seems she broke up with him because he was a d*ck so even if you douched it up the relationship would possibly be short-term and fail for that reason.

If you want just sex that depends on her sexual history which hasn't been mentioned without a romantic context.

What Girls Said 7

• well, if a girl likes you because you're nice, you should stay nice. if you're a douchebag and she knows you're a douchebag, she knows what she's getting hersef into. but yeah you should sell what you have up for display.

my ex always acted super cool and ladies' man, and he told me into kinky stuff (only because i'm into it) when he was about to ask me out. i was like heellllllls yeah, because flirtatious kinky hard-to-get is like exactly my type; but then once we got into a relationship i started to see that he's actaully pretty soft and innocent, and he's not kinky at all :( i still liked him afterwards for a while, but it's a let down when you're really into a guy for something he was faking.

• If you "douche it up" the only problem is that she will discover it eventually when you are in the relationship. It's never a good idea to be different from who you are because when we figure it out it will only piss us off.

That being said its always nice being the girl to tame a bad boy so if you really want to try some slightly douchy tactics and then stop as soon as she notices them or says something.

• Be you, always be you. Even if she doesn't like you for who you are someone else will. I can't stress enough how important it is to be yourself.

• Keep being you, since she likes you as a nice guy. She's not with him for a reason.

• Little bit of both

• She dumped him for being a douche... She dumped him. Do you want that to happen to you?
    No? Then be nice, be yourself:)

• Definitely be yourself. The relationship will have a better chance of lasting longer

What Guys Said 4

• Just be you, but it sounds like she would be on the rebound with you anyway, so be careful no matter what you do.

• Like yadda said, tell us what you're after.

• What do you want?

• A sincere relationship

• Well then stop acting like a mediator between her and her ex. It sounds like you';re on the cusp of being in the friendzone. If you want to go out with her, ask her out.

• Don't be a doormat. (Her : "So what do you want to do?" Him: "I'm not fussy. What ever you want to do.")

Be independent. Be interesting. Do cool stuff that she would be happy to join you on.

"Let's pick a train stop at random, go there and find a spot for a picnic lunch?" "Um... okay?" (do something different, be spontaneous, be creative, be interesting.)