Should I go to a movie with my online friend?

I met this guy online and he seems really nice and cool and stuff. He is a good listener too and has listened to me and given me advice on my boyfriend who dumped me a little over a month ago. He can chat and listen to me chat for hours at a time online too. Hes in his 30s and I'm in my 20s. I don't have hardly any friends anymore since they all went to different colleges and moved away and stuff so I really don't got anyone to talk to about stuff or just chat with. Anyway he invited me to go with him to see a movie he is planning on going to Sunday. He lives just a few miles away. Ive never hung out with anyone Ive met online before but he seems nice. I just don't know if he might stab me or rape me or something in person. I'm just a little phobic about stuff like that and don't know if he just acts nice online or what and I'm a little unsure about if I should go to see a movie with him or not. We were going to just drive and met up at the movie place and see the movie together and hang out there then leave nothing else. We weren't thinking of dating or anything, he's a bit old for me anyway, were just friends that haven't ever met in person. Any thoughts? Does this guy sound like he's ok or is he maybe just pretending to be nice?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to judge a person online. I would see about taking a friend with you or someone you work with to the movie with him. Not all guys are creeps online. He could be a great guy. But it's better to be safe then sorry. Let him know that you would love to hang out with him, and tell him that you've never met anyone off the internet and was wondering if you could bring a friend. Drive with your friend, and meet him there. If he is a good guy then he will totally understand. If he seems hesitant, then I would be very hesitant about meeting him.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd suggest perhaps meeting up with him in a public place at first, e. G. Coffee/tea shop, and see if you guys can also "click" in real life. What if you meet up at the movie theater and you get a psycho vibe from him? Now your either stuck at running for the hills or sitting out two hours with a creep because you are being polite.

When you are at a coffee shop you can also control the time aspect. If your having a great time, sit around chat, and make plans for a movie outing for next time around. If you are not comfortable you can leave at any point in time. There is no predefined time limit unlike a movie.

• Sure, why not? It's good to be smart and plan ahead for your own safety, but I don't think that people you meet on-line are more likely to be creeps than people you meet elsewhere. Think about facebook - that's a hugely successful site full of relatively normal people. So I'd say the days of the internet being the domain of the creepy have passed (if there ever was such a time).

Personally I'd be way more scared to date a guy I met at a frat than I would a guy I met on-line.

What Girls Said 1

• Honey he might sound he's oky at first. You should really meet him public with a lot of people, just to make sure. I met someone online as well and we decided to meet one day in public. He turned out to be a great guy after all just like he was online. So I took a risk and met him, so you HAVE to meet in public (remember that). Good Luck! Hope you have the same luck as I did.