Girls: Would you date a guy shorter than you? Guys: Would you date a girl taller than you?

If there is one thing Hollywood got right it's that love has no type but even in the age of gender Equality and yada yada physical stature is something lots of people take seriously, Men are supposed to represent the Protector, the guy in charge evolutionarily fighting of wolves and women the Nurturer leading to a Taller guy Shorter girl gender stereotype. So today i ask, Dudes, would you date a girl who literally looks down on you? And Girls, would you under look height for love?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would date taller women, and have. I even think the sex works out easier/better with taller women, because more parts are easily accessible at the same time.
    This height/protection thing is so over-rated. It's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog that counts. I've watched taller men shake in their boots over things that didn't bother me, and I've seen tougher men who were shorter than me.

What Girls Said 12

• It depends how much shorter. If it's like an inch and the guy is really cute, I wouldn't really care. I would just wear flat shoes around him.

Now, if HE makes it a big deal, then that is a definite NO. I actually dumped an otherwise normal-ish guy over his own insecurity over his height. I even saw his driver's license one time and it said we are the same height (5'6") but he would make weird comments about it, and did stupid stereotypical little man syndrome things (drove a huge car he could barely afford, carried guns around with him, wore condoms that were too big and irritated me because he thought his d*ck was way bigger than normal and it somehow made up for it- he even said one time, totally unsolicitied, "oh, well I'd rather have the two inches of my d*ck instead the two inches of height most other guys have") It was SO UNCOMFORTABLE. He even bought special slippers for me to wear inside his house that he insisted I wear. His slippers, of course, were like an inch tall.

If he's like that run faaaaaaaaaaaaar away.

• It all depends on looks. Considering I am 5"0, I would probably say no if they were smaller than 4"10. I usually tend to gravitate towards guys who are taller, but then again taller people tend to be more attractive facial wise. If a guy who is my hieght had my crushes face and eyes, sure!! *-*

• I have dated a guy who was the same height as me, so when I wore heels I was taller than him. On the rules of attractiveness, I am generally more attracted to people who are taller than me, but if there was a guy who I really liked and he was just a bit shorter I would probably date him. I think Queen Rania and Abdullah are a great couple with height differences.

• I would date someone an inch shorter then me, but not any shorter. I'm 5'6

• Well I'm already pretty short, 5'1, so a guy who is shorter than me would be a... dwarf or something? I mean, I'm already too small... xD

• YES! I love shorter guys ;) I am short myself but I don't mind.

• I'm short so hell yeah !

• I'm 5'4", so I don't think I could date a guy shorter than myself.

• I doubt it. It makes me feel masculine and large if I tower over a boy.

• and I'm only 5'2, so I don't think I'm limiting myself much by asking for a tall guy.

• Only if you mean "tall for a guy" and not "taller than me" , Then you'd probably limit yourself just a little

• Eh, I'm not expecting a six foot guy but I'd certainly like him to have a few inches over me.

• Ya I would if I really like the guy. But I do prefer a guy to be taller than me.

• I'm 5'4'' and absolutely not.

• well im 6'5'' so most guys I've dated have been shorter than me... and i have no problem with it!!
    height really doesn't matter to me anyways :P

What Guys Said 6

• I have dated a girl taller than me. Would do it again too. I thought that it might be awkward when she told me that she had a crush on me because girls are stereotyped for wanting guys taller than themselves. When I dated the tall girl it reminded me that looks really are not that significant

• Yes
    she must love me
    and care for me the most
    abd also trust me

then i will go for her

but will prefer
    of same height or shorter than me

Though if a taller girl can fulfil these things i will

• At my height, it's really a non issue. I've only ever personally encountered one woman who was taller than me.

• I don't have to worry about any of this. Are there any girls 6"3 plus?

• I'm not the tallest guy at 5'9" and so there are plenty of women close to my height and taller, and honestly it's a bit of a turn off for me. Maybe that makes me insecure, idk, but I love short girls, and maybe it's reflective of that desire to be a provider/protector. That's just me personally though, I do have a friend who's shorter than me and he is dating a girl taller than him and they are great together, so I think ultimately it really doesn't make a difference beyond personal preference, as everyone has different tastes.

• I don't know, most of the girls I've seen that are over 6'1 are not proportioned right. Like, the hips tend to get a different shape, it's hard to explain. That being said, I don't think it's impossible. But it would already be hard enough to deal with dating someone taller than me, let alone them having a bit off proportions.