Does anybody else forget why they want a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Aside from sex, I have forgotten why I want a boyfriend. I haven't had a serious relationship in a year and I'm beginning to lose interest. I know I'll be isolated and alone if I don't find someone, but I am losing motivation. Has anyone else had this happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. People are designed for human contact. We all want it. But since my divorce, on the 2 weeks I don't have my kids and the house is completely to myself... I love it. I felt guilty in the beginning but just friggin love it. I can do what I want, when I want, eat what I want, when I want., watch what I want when I want. I never have to wait more then a day or two before I have women emailing me on the online dating sites. So I am not in a hurry. I am taking the summer off for me.
    On the plus side, I just had the woman I just broke it off with agree yesterday to be fuck buddies. The agreement is we both are free to date and it will only be about sex. but both of us are kinda looking to take the summer off so we get what we need without the hassle. the only reason I broke it off was she lives 50 miles away. So I don't know if my feeling for her will let me do this but I am sure going to give it a try...

• Are you going to bother committing to anyone again do you think?

• nope, fell through.. I am kinda happy. looks like she has been on the POF website all day so she could be talking to all kinds of other people. so might give me an excuse to get out of the date completely. I want to see how this other friends with benefits situation goes.

• Good luck with that, then! :). Though distance can be a real pain.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't even know if I would really want a girlfriend right now lol never truly thought about it and all things considered.

• I completely understand what you are saying... I do however want to share life experiences with someone, I just want it to be the right someone...

• My highest desire in life is freedom and relationships generally don't fit into that.
    But if I found someone who actually understood the concept of unconditional love I might make an exception since freedom is one of its pillars.

• I just don't like labeling a relationship quick , I find as I got older I am happy with just the sex and we'll see if it leads anywhere or not

• Do you date regularly? Have you found a way to enjoy it?

• I go out sometimes regularly and some time just here and there but not always with the same person so I don't call it dating

• Feeling kloved and attractive.

• Relationships can often do the opposite, in my experience.

• then it isn't worth it. if i am not having fun then i should get out of this relationship

What Girls Said 2

• Not at all and I haven't had one in almost 4 years

• What are your reasons? I'm trying to recall so I can get motivated again, haha.

• I think I'm growing into a robot!

• Haha it will work out. :)

• It would be nice to have someone to hold who cares and to spend your time with.