Is cheating a mistake or choice?

I got cheated on, & he said " Oh, it was a mistake" but to me it seems like it'd be a choice to cheat.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a choice. Everything you do is a choice. Even if he was blackout drunk or something, still chose to put himself in that situation.

Only way I see it being a mistake is if you've got an identical twin sister, and she's a bitch.

Drop his ass.

What Guys Said 10

• I think it is both since everything you do is a choice (he made a choice to make a horrible mistake). Some people don't learn their mistakes until they make the wrong choice.

Either way, he has no defense for cheating on you.

• It is a choice you make that becomes a mistake when you are caught or when things go bad!

• Cheating is always a choice. The mistake is you found out or was going to find out.

• It's a choice. It may view it as a mistake after the fact. But it was still their choice to sleep with another.

• depends if he consciously made the choice... if he was drunk then it was most likely drunken impulse... I've had a few girls get drunk and cheat and I forgave em... so I don't know

• Its a choice.

• Choice, 100% no doubt about it. Sorry sweetheart. Kick his ass to the curb.

• It's a choice 100%

• It's always a choice. It's a bad one.

• I got cheated on, & he said " Oh, it was a mistake"
    Accidentally falling in a hole is a mistake.
    Deliberately jumping in a hole is not.

What Girls Said 7

• It's both. But people have to face consequences for their "mistakes" I'm not the lord, and I am not obligated to forgive lol.

• Its always a choice; unless he was drugged, tied up and it was against his will

• Lmao. Not a choice nor a mistake. Just pure example of taken advantage of.

• It's a choice. You have the conscious to remind you "don't do it! It's wrong!"
    But they CHOOSE to ignore it and go for it.
    That's why you should never take them back, just break up and move on.

• It may be a mistake but ultimately you made the choice.

• it's a choice that is considered as a mistake

• Always a choice.

• Cheating is absolutely always a choice, never a mistake. the only mistake in cheating is thinking they could get away with it.