Is it normal to feel hurt by rejection?

Is it normal to feel hurt by rejection or is it no big deal and something that people need to get over?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not normal to feel completely destroyed by every single rejection.
    It is normal to feel disappointed and a little hurt and taken aback, absolutely.
    The key is to not let it paralyze you.

• Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 7

• Depends on your self esteem.

If you have good self esteem it hurts, but is not taken too seriously.

If you have low self esteem it's usually very profound.

Anyway, rejection sucks, but it is not the end of the world.

• yes dude its pretty normal

• nope, it usually hurts. its totally normal. if you don't feel hurt, THEN it would be weird.

• most of the time.. depending on the situation or the person who rejects us..

• Yes especially if it's by someone special

• omg its totally normal to feel hurt after rejection! haha sometimes depending on the situation or topic you won't even care about rejection or you will just shrug it off but most of the time it hurts like cray

• yes it is normal unless you don't love the person as much as what you have thought.

• Well I don't love my crush and her rejection still hurt me.

What Guys Said 7

• It is completely normal, however something to consider which might help you work through your feelings of rejection. Try not to take it personally, I know this seems like a rather tall request, however maybe the rejection didn't have to do with you, in the sense that maybe she isn't ready for a relationship right now, if the rejection was based on a lack of attraction, keep in mind that attraction is subjective, and while she might not find you attractive, there will be other ladies who will, additionally if she rejected you for what seems a ridiculous reason, then perhaps you are better off without her. My point is that the feelings you have are normal, if you let it really get to you it can be paralyzing, and this will affect your ability to find somebody you are more compatible with, and you can't do this if you quit. So, try not to take it personally and don't give up. The more you keep trying the more likely it is you will find a girl that will accept you for who you are, rather than who they want you to be. I hope this helps. Be well.

• Well, yes it is. However, one need not make it the end of the world. I recall hearing a study about rejection and that there may be a correlation between brain anatomy and how hard people take it. I'm not a neuroscientist but when I heard that it seemed to make sense to me. Some people, completely balanced and confident in other ways, take rejection very hard. Others seem to have it affect them much less.

• It's better to be rejected by a girl you wanted something special with than by a girl you had something special with.

Two different worlds of pain.

• I like this. It's a very refreshing way of looking at things.

• It depends. Sometimes you can feel that the connection you felt to that person was ever so special, only to realise it was never reciprocated. That stings almost just as much

• That's the worst :/

• It depends on who you got rejected from. If she was someone important to you then it will hurt.

• of course its normal

• It's very normal to feel hurt by it. It's degrading. .

• It isn't intended to be degrading.

• I'm not so sure it's intended to be nice, either. It's often intended so that the pursuer will stop wasting his or her time. It's usually intended to be honest.

• Oh because you're honest you can hurt someone's feelings

• You get over it bro. I don't feel anything anymore.