Why do guys rather date a pretty dumb girl than a smart girl?

i've seen a lot of guys choose a pretty girl with a ugly personality than a smart girl with an amazing personality.

Most Helpful Guy

• pretty and smart are two different categories. You're giving an unfair question.
    If its a pretty dumb girl vs pretty smart girl = pretty smart girl wins. Unless her personality is shitter.
    if its a pretty dumb girl vs ugly smart girl = pretty dumb girl wins. Personality is less of a weighting.
    if they're both ugly, then the smart one wins. thats it. unless the smart one is a bitch.

if you are ugly, then all you can do is wait, guys see things, they dont wait to examine whats within unless you are able to force them to.

What Guys Said 9

• For similar reasons to why NBA coaches draft tall athletic players over ones who are really cool to hang out with and do meaningful charity work.

They're looking for a girlfriend who they will be sexually monogamous with not a lab partner where they pledge not to have interesting discussions with anyone else in the world.

• All smart girls don't have amazing personalities. Also, very high IQ tend to have a toll on your social skills, not always but often.

I don't really care if a girl is smart or dumb as long as she isn't so dumb that you can't have a normal conversation with her. I don't need a girl to solve math problems for me. I much prefer an open minded, happy girl that loves life.

• Perrty gurls are mainly use for sex while smart gurls on the other hand is use to do my work for meh :3
    But honestly i wouldn't date a cuties with a bad personality. Its a really big turn off.

• a smart girl. but if the gap is too big its a problem for any relationship. if the iq deference is more than 25-30 units then its a problem. and if ishe is not a good person too, she will easily manipulate him at her liking. so priority is the good character. as about bimbos (brainless with looks) thats exactly imature horny men like to get off. so they are probably temporarily using them rather than trying to form long lasting relationships with them...

• Yeah we tend to do that. Evolution and all...

• i prefer the latter.

• Why do you assume pretty girls have bad personalities?

• No! A beautiful and intelligent woman is always my top priority.

• I want a girl who is smarter than I am.

What Girls Said 3

• the dumb girl might be nice and fun to be around. and of course she has the appeal of beauty.

the smart girl with the amazing personality needs to be smart enough to work on her looks, sex appeal and flirting techniques so she can attract a guy who will see her as more than just a friend

• Just because the girl isn't smart doesn't mean she has an ugly personality. It just means she's less "fortunate"

And anyways, people don't fall in love with looks at first sight... which is why most average or not so great looking girls have a hard time with guys, even if they have a nice personality. Which is why also sometimes turns out the girl or guy you were head over heels for because of how good she/he looks turns out to have a bad personality. The first thing you notice in a person is the appearance, then the intelligence or personality.

• Ok so just because the girl isn't smart she has a bad personality?