Why do some guys want to remain friends with their exes even if she doesn't want to? To relieve guilt? A backup plan?

I'll explain. With my last two "relationships" I was a rebound. These two guys were friends of mine who, well, used me. After things ended, I was of course upset. These two apologized profusely and persuaded me to be friends even though I refused to have anything to do with them. The first one apologized for several months after I decided to remain cordial. The last one was very depressed about the whole thing until I forgave him. What's that about?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm only friends with my ex because i put so much time in to them i figure the least i could do was use them to meet their girl friends

• If she doesn't, I'd respect that.

But mostly it comes down to this - there must have something about her that attracted me to her in the first place. Now, provided the split was mutual and not acrimonious, where we just realise we shouldn't be a couple, then I don't see why we shouldn't be friends. It'd be different if we split because we grew to hate each other or something.

What Girls Said 0