I've never had a boyfriend, what do you think about the situation?

All my best friends have had boyfriends and I am the only one out of all of them who hasn't even been close to a relationship. It feels really weird that they all get to experience what having a boyfriend means and I've never even kissed a guy. Is it weird that I haven't had a boyfriend yet?

I'm 17 by the way :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven´t had a girlfriend, and I'm 25; here's why.
    When in highschool you make idiotic decisions, I saw a lot of people in stupid relationships, they were just with a partner just because everybody else was. So you know how it is, they fight they separate they get back together, and on and on...
    That kind of stupid situations never got my interest, until a few years ago.
    Know I understand that if you want your bf/gf you have to be self confident enought to share an important part of your life with that person, every situation, the good ones and the bad ones.
    I don´t think your situation is bad or abnormal, in fact I believe you are a very mature and wise person for waiting, if that's what you have done.
    Maybe you have tried and haven´t succeded but don´t rush in, you are still very young and you can have lots of fun without a bf, enjoy that time of your life.
    A last word of advice, don't get desperate and rush for a relationship, specially if you want to be with an older guy than you, lets say max 5 years.
    A lot of older guys mess with young desperate girls and really hurt them, just be smart and relaxed.

What Guys Said 1

• compare it to your group of friends, you might feel left out. but compare it to the entire world population, you are definitely not alone! there's heaps of people out there who don't (and never before) have a relationship, and some are well into their years. 17 is still young so don't worry. you're time will eventually come :)

What Girls Said 6

• I see nothing wrong with it, who knows you might meet someone who will probably swept you off your feet in high school. Love takes time don't rush to fall in love with someone, because in the end you just get hurt, trust me I've been there. If you really like a guy by maybe his looks, get to know him and start off as friends with him first it'll save you a lot of heartache. The best relationships start off as friendships. You're still young, I'm 17 as well but not really looking for anything serious I just want a guy friend that's all for now. But just give it time, you'll meet someone there's someone out in the world for everybody.

• It's not weird. Just wait for the best guy.
    Don't just jump into someones hand because you've never had boyfriend before. Maybe now it's not you time, but very soon, it will be. Don't be impatient, be positive :D

• depending on how old u r...
    u may not have found the right person yet so don't worry :-D it is good to have a boyfriend but it is kinda distracting at times too. just wait. find one later and he will be urs 4ever :D

• It's definitely not weird dear. Maybe guys saw you like you have standards in a guy that they can't even get on it. :D Don't rush okay. We're the same. And you are beautiful. You can find a guy soon.

• it's perfectly fine! (: you will just have to wait for the right guy. i feel that relationships should not be based on peer influences. many of my friends had been trying to be in a relationship when they see friends around them having a boyfriend. since you are under 18, i feel that you will still have many chances to look for the right guy! best of luck (: