Ladies, is a bit of grey hair on a dark haired man a 'turn off'?

I'm a 28 year old guy with natural dark hair. But due to hereditary reasons, my hair started greying quite early. Now, its not really noticeable at a distance of 4 feet or more. But if people come close, they can easily notice that quite a bit of my hair has greyed.

In general, I'm considered 'above average' in terms of looks (although I've never been called good looking or handsome). I have a really good sense of humor, quite intelligent (that's what people say). I'm a University graduate, and currently have a reasonably good job. I put my heart and soul into relationships (whether they're romantic, friendly or family ties). In general, most people consider that I'm an 'all-round package' who isn't really extraordinary but is definitely a 'keeper' for women.

So ladies, if you were attracted to someone like me in general (whether due to my looks, personality, sense of humor or anything else), would my grey hair (which now makes up about 15% of the total hair on my head) make you lose interest in me? Even guys can answer.

P. S. I've been told to color my hair to hide the greyness by my well wishers, but I refuse to do that because I want people to like me as person, and not for my hair. Instead, I prefer to be confident and sport it as a new trend called 'salt and pepper hair'.

To make it clearer, most people always say that at 28, I look like a 23 or 24 year old. I've got really youthful looks, and I'm often mistaken for a college student too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all.
    I'm glad you don't color your hair... That can lead to a host of illnesses down the line.

• Yeah, you're right! Although I hadn't really thought about the 'health' angle! Thanks a lot! :)

• No problem :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a bit of grey hair. My philosophy is always, 'be as you are'. Don't pander to women. Those who don't like it will just find another excuse to reject you any way. You don't need to justify yourself, IMO.

• Yeah, absolutely! Your words make perfect sense! Much appreciated! :)

What Girls Said 12

• Ehm depends. Grey hair is obviously a sign of aging, which isn't attractive. It makes you look older. However if he still looked obviously young, not like an old man, I wouldn't mind. Like I used to know a guy who got a few grey hairs at 22 and it didn't matter because his face and body still looked young and fit. At 28, I'm not sure, I couldn't say without seeing it

• To make it clearer, most people always say that at 28, I look like a 23 or 24 year old. I've got really youthful looks, and I'm often mistaken for a college student too.

• 2|0
    • That's cool, but he's a celebrity! Most women wouldn't really bother about these issues if the man happens to be a celebrity!
      Thanks for your opinion! :)

• The good stuff?

• Haha! Yeah the good stuff!

• I've always thought that white hair and black hair was attractive.

• my fella is the same age as you and has dark thick hair too, his is starting to go a little grey at the sides and I think it's rather handsome actually!

• No, it can be hot.

• me =luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve 'daddy types' = HAF!!!

• I love salt and pepper hair! So hot.

• No its not. It can look very sexy.

• In my opinion, grey hair shows maturity which is perfect for a guy. :D

• Wow, now that's encouraging! Thanks!

• Absolutely not.
    I love the salt and pepper look, actually.

• Grey hair on a man is distinguishing. I don't think it's a problem at all :)

• Wow, now that's something! Thanks! :)

• I dont care about grey hairs no hairs red hairs yellow hairs. A man is a man. And a real woman should appreciate that

• You answer is funny, yet drives home a strong point! Thank you, much appreciated!

What Guys Said 0