I like him but he always seems busy and takes long to respond to my messages, what should I do?

Hi everyone,

I've been dating this guy for a little over a month or so , we went out several times and we talk fairly frequently ( 4-5 times a week via text, etc...) But sometimes I feel like he isn't into me or is blowing me off when I don't hear from in a long time. When I see him he expresses that he likes me, etc.. But sometimes he gets really busy and doesn't have much time to talk or hangout. I feel like I am starting to really like him a lot as time passes by. I would say i am a fairly busy person , I work and go to college full time. I'm in my early 20's. He's graduated college already and own a small business, and sometimes travels a lot. He's in his late 20's. Every time we hangout I always have fun, one time I didn't see him for about two weeks and we talked here and there , but when he got back from his trip we went out for a date and it lasted over 8 hours, we did a lot of things, movies, dinner, etc... It was pretty fun , he told me he took the day off so he could spend time with me.

We only been intimate once, after that his mood changed instantly like he seemed a lot more into me and he talked for hours after that. We met up and went on a date a couple of days later , he seemed really happy to see me , etc... He expressed interest in seeing me again, etc... Then he had to go on another trip for his business. We talked here and there. I texted him a day ago twice once in the afternoon and once at night, just general texted " hey how are you? Are you free later this week?" , but I haven't heard back from him its been about a day or so.

I just wonder where this will go relationship will go? We're just dating now , not really official , But he's told me I'm the only one he's seeing now. Should I wait for him to respond or should I try again later? I think he like me , when we do meet he make sure we spend a lot of time together , but sometimes i'm not sure. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Relax.
    this guy, as you say, owns a small business, so it is only natural that he will be frequently busy. Don't overthink it and don't worry about it. If you don't think he is cheating then everything should be alright. He obviously likes you and you like him, so just bare with it for a bit. If need be, talk to him and tell him that you get worried when he is away and you text him and he takes a very long time to reply. Talk to him about your feelings. But as it is, you must understand that being the lover of a business man does require some very dire sacrifices, and it is up to you to decide wether or not you can sacrifice what it takes to be with him.

• Hi,

You make a great point. I'm just use to always being the busy one, its different to see someone else more busy. But i'll give it some time to see how everything pans out.

• Glad I could help.

What Guys Said 1

• Has it ever occurred to you that he might be busy?

• Yes it has. Being busy isn't really the issue , just more so not knowing where things are going. It seem like they are going in a positive direction, but sometimes its hard to tell.

• That's why you never place all of your eggs into one basket.

What Girls Said 2

• My ex did this. Guess what? We are no longer together.

• Did he always do this? Or was it later on in the relationship? I'm not use to being with someone that is more busy than me. I'm usually the busy one.

• He had classes for ten hours. At first yeah. It sucks but if you really like the guy you can pull it off.

• Talk to him about this, it seems like he may be using you. I think if he really did like you as much as you like him he would make more of an effort. If this guy is making you feel small, like it's always you trying to get in contact and him coming to you whenever it suits him, you should just end it. but then again you did say he has a business and travelling a lot so maybe he really is busy and yeah.. it is a hard one. Definitely talk to him about it. Or else, if you listened to my first part, move on, act like you've forgotten him and if he comes after you promising to treat you better you know he does like you. If not, you obviously could do so much better, he's just not worth it.

• Hi,

You do make some great points, sometimes I feel like I should just move on and sometimes I feel like I should relax because he does tell me he's busy. But whenever I get a chance I will bring this up to see his view on things. I asked him how is he able to date with him being so busy, he told me sometimes he would only be able to see the girl every other week. So sometimes I feel like this is normal for him. Before he left for his trip again we managed to see each other 3 times within a 7 day period. But I think i'm going to try to avoid contacting him for a few days to see what happens.

• Yes definitely do try that, I think that would be a good idea to see how, if or when he contacts you. You said "sometimes I feel like this is normal for him" I think you shouldn't think so much about what is best for him, easiest for him, normal for him. It's you and at the end of the day, you come first. If he doesn't put you first you shouldn't put him first. It wouldn't be a healthy relationship if that's the way it always would be. Just make sure you don't invest too much hope or anything into this so you don't get hurt. I'm sure that whatever is meant to be will be and I hope the best for you :)