Why mess with me? What does this sort of guy really want?

So I was with a guy who acted exactly like "my type" for a year, then suddenly shut off all social media etc. and vanished. Really just vanished. People will often talk to me about him and mention that he's such a nice guy, but I can't comment to that. I feel like I never actually knew him. Perhaps he was lying to me the entire time that I was with him. I'd just like to know why a guy who wants to "play the field" would bother with a conservative girl like me -- calling and chatting for hours every night for months on end. What did he want from me?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know if I will be of any assistance to you, since I am only 16, but I love to observe and analyze, so I have come across men like that before. This guy, he probably does like you, but is afraid that if he doesn't carry a "certain kind of quality", then you will not be interested in him. If you feel that you do actually like him somewhere in your heart, then confront hom about it and ask him why does a guy like him like a girl like you. Pry deeply until you get the answers you think you need. 95% of men usually hide behind their pride, so he might be doing that in order to make you see him the way you want to see him.

• Thank you for your opinion. I actually agree with the pride part, but I also think that there were other issues there.

• I think it's too late.

• why too late?