Ladies what standards do you think we should have for y'all?

and Gents: What are our standards for women

I can find plenty of articles and forums about the type of things a guy must be to be attractive but not so much for women

I read this thoughtcatalog.com/.../ article today and the standards seemed reasonable yet the comments section went ape shit

Are we not allowed to have standards or what standards should we set for women

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion to have some standards sometimes means you should also be able to offer the same for the guy and vice versa.(except for hair color stuff like that) I can't expect the hottest guy to want me when my body isn't hot. But there are many people who want you as you are, which is great, but that doesn't always happen. we should try and be better to actually deserve better. Of cpurse you are allowed to have standards. we all are. just make them realistic

What Girls Said 6

• Ladies what standards do you think we should have for y'all?
    In my opinion the same standards that you offer are suited to be the standards you seek in a partner. So to me if a guy wants a partner who stays in shape it's suited he stays in shape. Or to me if a guy wants a partner who is feminine by his definition it's suited he is masculine by her definition (even if he thinks that definition is him being a man with a vagina and not his definition of masculine).

"Are we not allowed to have standards or what standards should we set for women "
    Egh I have yet to see it be a general thing for guys to not be allowed standards considering it seems most media is about adhering to male standards or pleasing guys.

"the standards seemed reasonable yet the comments section went ape shit"
    Meh those comments seem tame compared to what I've seen when it's about standards gals set for guys which get called something akin to high unrealistic narcissistic gold digging princesses on pedestals who deserved to be raped and/or raped and murdered.

• We're tired of men telling us what we need to be doing to be more desirable to them, as if that is our primary focus in life- especially when packaged in an article with such misogynistic, racist, and somewhat unrealistic undertones. Though these comments aren't all that bad, really.

• Clearly one doesn't -have- to follow one person's set of rules, but being that we're constantly bombarded with the message makes us weary (among other things). Telling women they need to be a certain way to be good dating material- and that those of us who HAVE boyfriends but don't fit this bill, -obviously- just have boyfriends who are settling is really harsh, wrong, and distasteful.

• There's nothing wrong with having dating preferences, and wanting to someone to be their personal best is fine and great- but this list is ridiculous.

• to look perfect

• Well I am a fit and active woman, and I expect him to be the same way. So it's only fair me to expect a guy to want me to remain fit and active. I wouldn't say I have too much against that list, since the only ones that don't apply to me are be intelligent (I have a learning disability) and the makeup one. I am very unattractive in the face, and so I have to do what I can to make myself look better. If that means wearing very feminine clothes, styling my hair, and wearing makeup, than I am going to do it. I feel I need to compensate for my lack of good-looks. Guys generally expect women to be beautiful, and since I am not, I have to find ways to make myself look attractive for them. For me, I don't care if they are attractive in the face or not. It would be hypocritical for me to expect that. So I would want the same thing. Unfortunately, that's a standard I'll never find in a guy because everyone cares more about face than body.

• Do you even GAG? Guys go apeshit when people push universal standards too. It's the interwebz, everyone goes apeshit.

• I'm sorry but some of these expectations are shit. Like "don't cuss" ok so its perfectly alright for men to cuss profusely but suddenly its trashy when women cuss? But some of these I totally get like the plastic surgery and makeup ones

• Cussing is wack in general for anyone

• Ok then if that is your general view on cussing it makes way more sense

What Guys Said 1

• I've never heard of not being allowed to have standards.
    I have a pretty tough list of standards a girl must meet, and I've never caught any flack for it.