I Have this crush on a guy and he's my best friend, should I risk this friendship?

I think he likes me back but our friendship is amazing. but... I really like him

Most Helpful Girl

• I struggled with this for close to 2 years with my best friend. Whether you're getting any signals from him that indicates he sees you as more than a friend or not, you feel it and if you feel anything like how I did, it's agonising lol. Hearing him talk about other women, clinging to any hugs or affection you get, saying sweet things to him and not hearing back the same.. it's all an emotional weight for you. My advice is tell him :) It can go 1 of two ways, he will either feel the same or he won't but either way you have got it off your chest, you've been honest with yourself and him and you don't have to feel the heartache of hiding anymore. I'm sure if you guys are as close as you are he may very well feel the same way for you. If he doesn't, it's better to make the decision to either stay friends or move on earlier than get even closer to him.

It's natural sometimes to take the next step in such a close friendship, relationships are always developing and for two people who click with eachother it seems right to develop to a romantic relationship. My best friend and I did this and we realised in the end our feelings had been slightly confused, we took brotherly sisterly love for romantic attraction and found in the end we were best as friends again. But I don't regret taking that step with him, we're closer than we ever were.

I wish you all the best with whatever you choose to do, remember that if you both care for eachother you will either progress together as more or if not, you will find a way that works best for you. Better to get your feelings out in the open before you become it becomes unbearable to just be friends :)

• This is amazing! thanks you so much! but i told him before i liked hm that we would never date so he may never tell me the truth

• You're welcome and good luck! It'll be fine don't worry :)

• I've been trying to get in touch with my best friend for 2 weeks, the guy I'm talking about. and he won't answer my txts or pick up my ft or anything i try. is he mad? I'm so confused should I just give up? and not tell him?

What Guys Said 7

• Remember this. Once you have developed feelings for him, its not 'friendship' anymore irrespective of what he feels. Hence, the question of 'risking' the friendship will never arise, because this is no longer 'friendship' at least from your end. In case something goes wrong and you need to break contact with him, it would be for your won good because it will help you get over him.

• To answer your question, go ahead and let him know. If you keep waiting for him to make a move and he doesn't, you may regret it later.

• I guess it just makes more sense to be in a relationship with a total stranger right? Cause you obviously know him on a more personal level right?

• I know it completely destroyed me back in the day, but as much as I tell myself I should have forced myself to stay just her friend, I know I couldn't lie about my feelings forever. It's going to happen sooner or later, I suggest making it sooner because the chance he does like you exists but if you wait too long he'll find someone else

• At a proper time, act a bit sweet on him and see if he'll ask you out. If he doesn't, then the time isn't right.

• go for it, you don't want to think what if.

• but what happens if he doesn't like me and it becomes awkward

• that's a chance you have to take.

• Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit? If the answer is yes, then go and tell him how you really feel.

• I don't like questions like this. Don't ask him, just give him hints and see how he reacts

What Girls Said 0