Doesn't it suck knowing that the person you love doesn't feel the same about you?

I'm pretty much in love with this chick that I talk to every day, but i know that she isn't interested in me that way. It sucks because when you're away from that person all you can do is think about them and feel down/sad. But the moment you two get together everything seems right in the world, as if you two are actually dating. It sucks doesn't it?

I think I finally learned to just let it go keep her as a friend, and MAYBE sometime down the line I'll tell her. Of course the feelings will still be there, but that's something you can't help ya know?

This may seem pretty pathetic, since I don't have the balls to tell her. But that's just how it is. How do you girls/guys cope with situations like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure it sucks, but like tokioangel said, most people go through it at some point in their lives. If you know for a fact it won't be reciprocated, the best thing to do is just to move on.

• The thing is, she has given off a lot of signs that she likes me. Even from things that her sister and bestfriend have told me. But I just feel like we're just close friends. I don't know.

• Yeah.. You know how one moment is seems like she's really into you. Then the next its like she's ignoring you? Or that's just how it feels. In my mind I feel as though she likes me back, again from the signs I've seen from her. But I still have my doubts or whether or not the feeling is requited.

• How long have you known her/been friends with her? Have you ever asked her out?

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah that’s why I never let myself fall in love with someone unless the feeling is mutual. Otherwise you’re just opening yourself up to heartbreak and lots of pain…

• It sucks so badly. It is painful and just horrible. Luckily I got over my crush a week after he told me he wasn't interested.

• The problems of unrequited love. I'm sure 99% of people have been through that. Yes it sucks, but you have to believe that one day you will find that girl, and love will be reciprocated.

• So true. Thanks, makes me feel a little better.

• It does suck. When I get that feeling, I leave.

• If it helps I'm going through the same thing right now with a guy I like. It hurts not talking to them at all and you're all depressed but talking to them makes you realize they aren't interested as well. Last time I liked someone and ended up telling him how I felt he told me off calling me all these names and it was pathetic. Therefore I've never told another guy how I felt. It sticks with you and it's honestly better to at least remain friends and them not knowing than telling them and never speaking again.

• That's the exact reason why I'm hesitant to tell her. For one, I don't want to ruin our friendship and make things awkward between us or have us end up not talking anymore. It really does suck, but what can you do.

• I'm not coping. I am totally in love with him and it sucks. Worst thing is we are partners in most of my classes at school so I spend a lot of time with him.

• Damn that sucks, but hey on the bright side you get to spend time with him right? at least you're friends :D

• God no! I can't do that! He is way out of my league. Plus I don't think he feels the same way and I would rather not make it awkward between us.

• Ah yeah, I know what you mean.

What Guys Said 4

• This literally just happened to me. I told her. She didn't feel the same way. I misread apparently. Shit happens. Move on.

• imo, unrequited lust is much worse than unrequited love.

• Yeah man it sucks.

• doesn't really suck compare to being loved and dumped