I feel we are too focused or only focused on our image instead of what shows us who we are like our characteristics or heart in dating. Your thoughts?

I seriously hear too much about a guy worrying about how strong or how tall he is. What happen to be confidence, courage, honesty, faith, or etc? The same can be applied to girls when they worry about being too tall, not busty, pretty enough or whatever. Don't come in here thinking I don't I admire looks at all because that's false and stupid.

I find a girl much more attractive when she has a great personality compared to a girl that looks cute but the personality sucks. Both of you worry way too much how you look to people and how the opposite sex looks to you. Seriously these fiction man or girl rules, and height in relationship has gotten ridiculous. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a preference. I'm just saying there are more important to worry and a lot of times you aren't even being yourself. Like where's the real you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow this is the most- beautiful- and down to earth question I've come across on here. I feel the same exact way! People are just so shallow nowadays- to the point that it has become NORMAL and expected! These ideals are so shallow yet its almost like people have been programmed to believe them and live by them. It's sad. I donno... Personally I never judge people by their looks/body appearance because whether we realize it or not, the personality and what the person has to offer from the inside is what matters most!! It's really so depressing, and you are spot on- WHERE IS THE REAL YOU? Where have the genuine people gone? When are we gonna look past these superficial values we uphold?

There are so many amazing people on here with such incredible personalities and everytime I see them I genuinely feel such passion and care for them. And its because of what they offer from the inside- not the superficial things that they have to offer from the outside. And they are being themselves, genuinely being themselves, no some fake "cool" persona with unrealistic standards.

• It is a sad reality indeed but you know people hate to admit the truth though.

• Too bad for them... living in a shallow and superficial world, they will never find true happiness deep inside

What Girls Said 5

• I agree completely :) so many people in this world just care about what's on the outside. After my brake up I felt like I was not good enough because I found out he broke up with me for another girl. so the first thing I did when I joined this site I asked about my looks but now I just feel stupid for caring so much. I wish every one could see things like that.

• I wouldn't ask after other people how you look because everyone is different and it could stress you out but you do look cute. I broke up with what considered to be very hot girl by many guys only because she wouldn't stop getting in trouble. I did feel bad about it for awhile but learned I should't worry about the girls that aren't worth my time. I learned that when I was like 16 :P

• I understand now that it was not me that had the problem it was him because he was so shallow and only cared about looks and pleasing him

• I think that girl only cared about my looks mostly and a way I did too but I did want love though :P Like i said before she was trouble. It isn't easy finding a mature mate

• thats nice and all but looks kinda matter too

• You are an idiot. Did I say looks don't matter? Damn you people can't even read. Use your brain not your dang vagina

• I'm not a homo but I know that's what you do which is sucking dick. Clearly you know nothing about science which also shows you are a dumb bitch. Thanks for proving you are a waste of life :)

• Are you freakin serious? Did you honestly go so far as to insult his appearance? Your superficiality will never get you anywhere in life... but good luck living the way you do. I hope that you're happy inside yourself.

• I do agree with you but there has to be a physical connection to begin with. Once you are attracted to someone, then you get to know their personality and that is when all that stuff matters. Looks and personality are both important, but I would believe that no one wants to date someone that they aren't physically attracted to.

• Again where did I apply looks don't matter? I was saying looks are way too focused on that's all. Of course looks matter. I don't want someone that is unhealthy because she doesn't take care of herself. Also it isn't like the world is covered with ugly people either. Most people are average, above average, to highly attractive.

• That's true, but physical attraction is what opens the door to other things. Don't think it's natural to pick a person out of the blue to talk to and think there will be a connection.

• yeah but a lot just go for the outside anyway :P I never said out of the blue but dang you shouldn't picking someone out of the blue either if they look good :P Love has to be earned which is what some don't seem to get.

• I agree with that. Some people stay in relationships for the superficial traits someone may have.

• Yup. I just wouldn't date someone that looks like unhealthy because she isn't being responsible for herself.

• True that! however, let's be realistic here if you're physically attracted to someone thats when you'll start growing other sort of feelings for the person.

• True, but I have also lost those feelings over time I got to know her. Looks do help but they aren't everything. Besides most of my actual crushes weren't like favs of what I love the most about girls. I still found them cute though.

What Guys Said 0