How important is religion to you?

1st Im not asking what you do/dont believe in so please dont mention it to avoid starting a religion war with everyone :)

Now, how important is religion in dating/life to you on a scale of 1-10?
Thanks

• 0-3
  • 4-6
  • 7-10

Most Helpful Girl

• I just need some respect towards my religion that is all. I don't want him to participate with me or sth. He can mind his business. I am ok he can believe whatever he wants to believe. So it is 0-3 for me unless he judges my own beliefs.

What Girls Said 26

• religion is unimportant to me as im an atheist, its no big deal in my dating life but if someone is religious (no matter which one it is) i will make a point to tell them im looking for a relationship where no one tries to convert each other or any potential kids (let them decide for themselves when theyre teens) otherwise if someones going to try to convert me ill just be miserable and end up leaving. its better to say things up front rather than waste a few months dating a dead end

• I believe in God but I'm not a hardcore religious person. So religion isn't a huge factor for me when dating. It only becomes a problem if the person I'm dating is very religious and tries to push his ideas on me. That's when it becomes a problem.

• Very important a 10 to me I need to date someone who has the same beliefs as me or else things probably wouldn't end well.

• I'm an Atheist, I don't think I could realistically sustain a relationship with someone who didn't share the same view.

• More like -3 to 0.

• i'd say 5... because i'm a person with rational thought.. the only reason why i respect religion is because it brings the family together

• It's really important to me, like REALLY important, but I struggle a lot with it. Like with belief/doubt/etc. I'm kinda like the knight in the Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergman

• A 10. I don't date outside my religion.

• I'm not particularly religious. I think that so long we are all under the same blue sky, we owe to respect each other. I would date someone outside the religion that was chosen for me from my predecessors as long as he didn't pressure me to join his.

• Not important but don't expect me to go and don't be a zealot

• Religion? Not really. But my beliefs and principles are really important.

• Agreed. I'm not religious at all, but I still want someone who agreed with my principles.

• Oh, I like people who agree with me. :)
      And it depends on your principles. If they're extremely uncommon you're gonna die alone.

• 4-6 or 7-10... I don't go for a date with an atheist.. :) I would date with someone who is religious or not as long as he believes in God..

• I believe if there is a God then there is no way he cares about humanity and every single individual independently. What does that count as? :P

• for me, sounds like your point of view is more of Axiological Atheism... so it count as atheist :)

• Cool, I don't date theists.

• Well religion is sort of important to me. Like I belong to a family where religion is not given very much importance. But sometimes some ceremonies are performed as I belong to the Hindu religion. Yes I do believe in God but I'm not hellbent on the concept of God like most people of my religion are. So yeah that's my opinion.

• I'm an atheist ! I don't care about religion, but I have to cuz I live in an arabic country where ur family put their nose in everything and won't let u be with a person from another religion !!!

• Atheist

...

.

• Don't ask about religion and not expect a religious war lol

• I dont care much about it. Zero for me.

• A zero. I don't care about religion but I respect other's beliefs.

• At this point in my life not very.

• Not important at all

• Religion is a person of faith

• I think I'd have to say 0-3. I'm at a weird stage in my life in which I've been researching several other religions, I was raised a Methodist, but somewhere along the way, I lost my faith. If I had much to begin with. I was just a child going to church because I had to. I'm saying it doesn't matter much, because I wouldn't turn someone away because of their religion, I might even look into it. But unless they try to force their beliefs or disbelief on me, religion isn't a problem.

• It's not important to me at all.
    I've dated guys who were on opposites sides of the spectrum, it never really came up, wasn't a big deal.
    If we'd gotten more serious, it may have become an issue, possibly.

• It's the most important factor in who I date. I couldn't have a lasting relationship with someone who wasn't also Christian and shared the same beliefs/morals as me.

• I personally will not go as far as not dating someone for their religon or not liking some for that. But I will say I am a Hellenistic and I do believe in my gods so I am not particularly fond of monotheistic people who talk about there beliefs frequently and push try to push their religon onto me.

• I care about religion and those who say they don't must be disappointed in themselves. Relegion gives me hope, relegion gives my life a meaning, relegion keeps me happy and thankful everyday. Those who do not value relegion are empty deep inside and they know it but are afraid to admitt it. I am proud to love my relegion and believe in a god who created this beautiful world. Why risk not believing? God gave us the freedom of choice, wether to believe or not. And I chose to believe

• Please define how and why I'm empty deep inside. I'm just curious.

• We are allowed to comment hence the reply button
      Also atheist are human

• If you say its our choice to believe, why are you saying atheists are empty inside? I'm completely happy with my life and what I believe. I'm glad you are happy with your choice, but don't assume other people aren't happy too.

What Guys Said 27

• I'm an atheist but every girlfriend I've had believed in a higher power of some kind. I don't care if they believe in supernatural stuff as long as they respect the fact that I'm not interested. Sure we can talk about it but usually religious discussions end up offending someone so I'd rather not. I don't care what people believe in as long as their actions are good and just. I could date a girl who believed in an Invisible Pink Unicorn from Venus for all I care as long as she's a good person and doesn't expect me to follow it lol

• I'm an Atheist. I chose option C because I can't picture myself with a theist for a girlfriend. Religion has too much of an impact on political views and such, so I think I'd need a partner who at least identified as Agnostic.

• I'm an atheist, so the other person's religious views don't matter to me at all. Whether she's religious or an atheist, I'm confident of making it work IF she's open-minded enough to not consider me as an outcast or a criminal just because I don't believe in god or religion.

• I went with the "agnostic" approach but honestly, as long as they're not heavily practicing I have no problem with it.

• It depends on how overly zealous they are about it, and if they flow a religion just because their parents forced them into it and are just using it as a means to feel superior to others for believing the right thing, or if they actually do mean their religion. And of course, if they want to force me into it against my will.

I've met a few Christians who were typically really moral and nice - I actually do like their Morality system, I just really don't like their obligations and superstitions that come along with it. So I voted 4 to 6 because overzealousness in this scenario is an instant deal-breaker, but otherwise whatever.

• For me, Religion is very important.
    I think in life belief on something is must, if you believe, you have positive energy.
    In fact , in the religion i follow - hinduism, lot of traditions are really beneficial on the basis of scientific analysis, which encourages me to follow it on more higher level...
    And i believe in GOD.

• Religion to me is like a swimming pool. You don't need to think about it, but it's always there if you want to take a quick swim :)

• It's pretty damn important to me because I'm pretty unflinching in my stance, and if a partner was super religious it would just NEVER work.

I'd say about an 8/10-9/10.

• when i am eating- food is important
    when i am walking - my legs are important
    when i am thinking - my thoughts are important
    when i am sleeping - my sleep is important
    when i am talking - my mood is important

sorry. i could not put religion anywhere on the map.. :)

• Very important, religion even creates the moral framework that atheists follow

• anyone that goes mr or ms messiah on any guy or girl is really a turn off.

keep it to yourself and or at home please thank you

• 0

too long or too short

• Every religion focuses on the good and bad. except atheist they believe only in what they see they don't even have a future because they can't see their future and touch it lol. Its more about your relationship with the good or with the bad. definitely 10 and above.

• the funny part is that atheist are the first to gel O MY God! when something unexpected occurs walking contradiction

• It's funny how the QA asked for people not to be rude but still the rudeness persists.

• I'm sorry I didn't know being genuinely honest was rude

• 6, I wouldn't mind an Atheist as long as they don't always go on about it. The best kind of Atheist, is the kind that won't mention they're Atheist.

• I don't care at all. zero.

• I'm an Atheist. I've tried dating women who are religious. It has never worked out. I'm not saying that it couldn't, but I will not date someone religious. And by the way I count "It's not a religion, it's a relationship" as religious as well. If they are someone who's attitude is "maybe there is, but I don't care", then I would probably give them a shot.

• I'm atheist and I don't care about religion of other people. As long as they're not extreme and they are not trying to force their views on me then I'm fine.

• 0-3, I am tolerant of other religions so it doesn't matter to me at all really. It's pretty closed minded to expect someone to have the exact same beliefs and morals as you

• I am a Atheist

• Should have included a negative scale as well.

• I voted 3-0
    I focus more on the quality of people instead of religious beliefs.

• Atheist...

• If she is not religious, the things in life we value the most and therefore our priorities will most likely be different.

We could have anything short term, but it would not last past three months.

• I should be a lot more important to me than it is, or rather I think it's very important but my life doesn't reflect that. Which is very bad, hypocrisy is the worst place to live your life

• The less religious she is the better. 0 is my answer because it actually will not bother me I only worry about what she thinks of it because I won't change and I don't sweat it.

• No more important than them believing in Santa or Peter Cottontail

• I'm an athiest so it's not at all important to me. Unless you mean about her religion in which case it's important to me that if she's not an athiest she's at least not very religious