Should I start recording conversations with girls and gaining second opinions?

I just though of a creative idea. I am 19 and never dated. I have been rejected each time and cannot figure it out. I have a difficult time keeping conversations going, and I am rather awkward.

Should I just start recording conversations with women and gaining second opinions as to the problem.

• Good idea
  • Bad idea (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Just keep practicing and improve your confidence. Don't overthink it.

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah that would be helpful for you. I have a friend that records all her phone interviews so that she can learn from them

• Privacy dude. No. Is that even legal? I'm pretty sure it isn't without consent and that would be a weird conversation. Just work on your confidence slowly. Look up some flirting tips and try to relax a bit. You're WAAYYYY overthinking the situation. It's normal not to have dated at nineteen, you're still really young.

• uhhhh WTF ARE YOU CRAZY... ESPECIALLY if it's a private conversation... and what happens if she finds your recordings? YOUR DONE... that's what 0-0... BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA BAD IDEA NO, THATS A NONO

• AWFUL IDEA! You may have good intentions (Well I hope you do) but that will freak the poor girl out. She'll think your some sort of creepy psycho who spends his days in a dark room listening to her recorded voice over and over. Please for your sake and her sake DO NOT do this.

• You could record them and just listen them over by yourself? (don't tell her) But don't get someone else to listen to it, that is not fair to the girl.

• privacy dude. privacy. if you ever want to get together with a girl, you shouldn't ever do this. what goes around, comes around.

• Not a good choice. if the girls find out, you are so screwed!

• No way.. That would freak anyone out..

• NO OH MY GOSH THAT WOULD BE SO CREEPY!!! There's such a thing as privacy!!!

What Guys Said 8

• That would be weird. And anyone who's comfortable enough with you to give you feedback on recorded conversations probably isn't someone who's sane and unbiased enough to give solid advice.

Best advice I can give you is to dabble a little into a bunch of different hobbies. If you like them, then you've got a new hobby to work with, and something to talk about with people. Ask questions about other people's hobbies as well- people like talking about stuff they enjoy, and you can find out more about them.

• that's kinda weird haha. no I don't think you should man just learn from your own experiences.

• Without their permission? You can't really just record someone without their permission, lol, but if they consent go ahead.

• Um... I'm going to strongly suggest that you do not do that.

• You should start recording everything you ever do. Wait, but when would you listen to it?

• Ehhh, a ever so slight bit stalkerish, mate.

• No... that's the epitome of loser...

• Three reasons:

A) You can do it, but if she catches you it is over.
    B) Recording someone without their knowledge is illegal.
    C) You can make transcripts of the recording and ask someone, but if you ever play it to anyone else, you will get the "Who is that creepy dude"-look.

• Recording others is not illegal if not used maliciously or for purposes of defamation.

But, no. I probably will not record conversations.