I feel like I'm the only one around my age (18) who doesn't do drugs or drink and it makes finding a girl who doesn't do those things even harder?

Everyone my age seems to be drinking and doing drugs. They are even publicly announcing it like they don't care who hears what they do. I myself wouldn't touch drugs with a 10 foot pole (besides the ones the doctor prescribes me). I'm not necessarily saying drinking once in awhile is bad just not drowning yourself in alcohol. P. S. I don't drink

Most Helpful Girl

• I drink in the house with my parents at dinner or at family/friend gatherings (again, around my parents) because they trust me and that's legal where I live. It's not too often. But it's only wine or beer or other malt beverage. Rarely a shot of a spirit. I don't do any drugs though that's because I tried pills and weed in like 9th -and 10th grade and didn't really like them. I don't smoke either. None of my friends do any drugs or smoking but a lot of them get really drunk. It is hard to find someone who can be responsible about consumption, I agree, but they are out there!

What Girls Said 16

• you aren't around the right people or looking in the right place lol. i understand though, I'm almost 18 and me and my three best friends are pretty much the only ones that don't do anything. you just gotta be patient and you'll meet more mature girls in college that have their priorities straight haha

• Yeah I know what you mean... I'm the good one out of the group.

I vowed ever since kindergarten not to and I'm sticking to it.

But yeah it's hard to not drink, smoke weed, smoke cigarettes, or even have sex when everyone else around you is doing it.

• That's just not true. What you're saying happens in movies. in real life, people are a lot more tame. If you looked hard enough, you would find someone like yourself

• I always used to feel like that at school.. When most of my friends used to be bragging of doing drugs, having sex, and whatnot I was the virgin who wanted to keep her virginity and stay away from all that crap. Its hard but its worth it ^_^

• You aren't you just are looking in the wrong places

• I am 17, and I don't do any of that either, and neither do my friends.

• I'm almost 21 and I don't do either of those things. I actually know a lot of people my age that also don't do either of those stuff.

• It seems like everyone I know smokes does drugs and drinks and I'm just that weirdo that never wants to do any of it.

• I don't drink, do drugs, or smoke.

• I'm 177 and I only drink occasionally, and so do my friends. It's not impossible here where I live, but I don't know how it is in the states...

• Meet a girl at church! It's actually admirable that you don't do those things.

• I drink and I'm 18 but it's legal here.

Maybe at a bar you can find a girl... no wait.

Maybe under some shady bridge there is a girl... no no wait.

• I don't do any of that and neither do my friends :)

• there are tons of people who dont drink or do drugs. i suggest meeting new friends or looking in a different area. seriously, not every girl does drugs or drinks. i also dont.

• I agree. And people need to be more like you. I remember being 15 and loads of people in my year were doing drugs. We went on leave for our exams and the people who done drugs done more. I saw a couple of them when they came in for the exams and to be honest they looked like they were going to drop dead any second. It was a disturbing sight.

• 19 and never drank or done drugs or partied, neither have a lot of my friends. We are out there, you're just looking in the wrong places.

What Guys Said 9

• If you choose to not drink or use... that is a good thing! Especially tough to do at your age, I know. Drinking particularly is so socially acceptable in todays world and even encouraged. I don't drink or use for personal reasons. I am 33. Easier for me to not be frowned upon. To answer your question... I would ask you to question your own motives? What girls ARE you attracted to? The wild ones that like to party and drink? Why or why not? I say that you could be having difficulties because you are checking out the girls in the wrong places... that does not suit you. For example, I have found it true that many women at my local gym do not drink at all. They replace those activities with other things. Stay true to yourself and keep your confidence high man, that is attractive to any group.

• It's good to hear our youth still have good head in their shoulders. Keep patient bro, right one will come along.

• Do you come from a shitty town?

• Yes a very shitty town. Everyone here my age either has std's, is pregnant, or is a drug addict.

• I feel you. I'm from one of those burnout towns where everybody tends to just do nothing their whole life.
      Get the fuck out of there. Whether it be just to move, or going away for school, you need to surround yourself with ambitious people.

• I come from a town that is very divided, we have some of the richest people in the state, and some really really poor people. All the rich kids drink because their parents are never there, and all the poor kids and some rich kids do drugs, mostly weed, because they got nothing else to do.

• You will have a hard time finding someone your age who doesn't drink at all, however the none drugs part shouldn't be that hard to find

Are you sure you are going to go ahead and call drinking a dealbreaker? That's not a good idea.

• I could leave with someone who drinks, but not someone who does drugs. It may be different in your town, but my town is full of drug addicts.

• All the drug addicts here are usually old heroin junkies that live under bridges, like the south park homeless + heroin.

Most young people here don't do drugs, quite a few does though. but no matter where you live, you will always be able to find someone who doesn't do drugs.

• well great for you, most of the people that I used to hangout with used to drink and do drug and now they are either pregnant or living in their mother's home with a baby mama or just not going to school. Now I hang out with Asians and some blacks and other ethic groups, you will find a lot of people that don't drink or do drug in college.

• Stand firm , you only have too find girs who are like minded

• I'm 14, starting Sophmore year in High School next year, and I feel like I'm the only one in my school who doesn't do drugs or drink! We have a lot in common!

Don't worry, I'm sure that just how you are the only guy who doesn't do that stuff, there is at least one girl who doesn't.

• Hard to find people who are 18 who don`t drink at all, most people like to enjoy a drink now and then. Maybe you could look for a girl who sometimes likes to drink but not always. I don`t like the drunk all the time types either.

Drugs is different and I know plenty of girls that don`t want drugs and prefer the guys who don`t do it. And that`s from someone who is from a place where people come on holiday for drugs and partying.

Try to look outside of places like the bars and clubs in libraries, bookstores, cafes, hobby clubs etc.

• Deal with it and stop crying. No ones forcing you not to drink or do drugs

• I'm not crying I'm just saying I don't want someone in my life who does drugs and that basically rules out a lot of girls around my age in my small town. I could live with someone who drinks.

• Well those are restrictions you put on yourself. You should be aware of the consequences of that decision