Can you tell by this message if he's trying to blow me off?

I told him I was going to be in city and asked if he wanted to have dinner with me.. this is what he said..

"That's awesome! I have my daughter this weekend and a Parade event for work unfortunately... next time!"

That's all. I don't know what to say in return.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he is genuinely tied up this weekend. I wouldn't read too much into it yet. He did say "next time" so wait and see if there is one. If he keeps making excuses and makes no attempt to make plans, he isn't interested.

That happened to me recently. Asked him for coffee and he said "I'm sorry I can't but we'll organize something during the week." I don't know if "we'll" meant me or him but neither of us contacted the other. So you'll just have to wait and see. Don't assume yet that it's a blow off.

• In reply I'd say "All good. Have a great weekend."

You could add something like "hope to see you soon" or "talk soon" if you felt like it.

What Guys Said 3

• I think if he was really interested, if he genuinely couldnt make it this time, surely he would want to know when you would next be in town...

• That's what I thought. Why wouldn't he give me an idea of "next time" unless he was taking a very passive approach.. to me?

• Tell him to enjoy the time with his daughter? Damn he's not blowing you off.

• This isn't the first time. I'm just wondering why he didn't offer an alternative date/time? Ya know? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just trying to figure out if he's into me or not.

• I don't want to, I want him. I just suck at dating.

• I am trying to be understanding about how busy he is but I have nothing to grasp onto here. No promises, no planning, no phone calls.. nothing :(

• That sounds like a genuine reason. But if he was REALLY into you, he'd offer an alternative date.

He could be a little into you. But I'm pretty sure he's not super into you (yet).

• What he said 100% whether its with a girl or a guy, they will always offer another option for when it can happen, but if you guys dont see eachother often in the same area then its unsure because he can't make a date for the date if he doesn't know both your schedule

• Why do you say "yet"?

• He might develop feelings for you

What Girls Said 4

• Do you have reason to think he is?

Because those seem like valid reasons...

Especially if this is in Canada, with this basically being Canada Day Weekend

• LOL No, I'm in WA but we have a HUGE Pride Parade this weekend. It takes up the whole city of Seattle.

• well.. I've never tried to seriously date someone who lived downtown.. so I can't speak to that.

• It just would have been nice if he asked when I was available next. It took a lot of balls to ask him out myself. I've been thinking about it for months! I still haven't responded :P

• Tell him to text you when he is available and leave it at that ;) he will come around or he will not.
    Simple.

• Sounds legitimate to me.

• How are we suppose to know if he's lying or being realistic. What does your instinct tell you?

But honestly for me, any guy still make time for you if they really like you unless he's busy as hell.

• He IS telling the truth. I know for a fact that he has both of those things going on and I had that in mind when I asked him out. I just don't know why he wasn't specific on the "next time" part. Why didn't he give me a next time?

• Text him what the user ChinaxDoll told you. That seems perfect.

• If he's really interested he will contact you in no time. If he's not, he'll ignore your text and probably avoid the topic of having dinner with you and "forgot" about it