How can I be less nervous on a first date?

how can I be less nervous on a first date, I've been talking to this guy for about a week now and weve kicked it off pretty fast, he has the same interest as me but I tend to get really nervous and I want him to feel comfortable and not sense that im nervous because I tend to shake and studder lol. Help please

Most Helpful Girl

• If you think about being nervous you will be. But there's nothing wrong with nerves. It shows you like the guy.

Just go with it. Tell yourself you're nervous and that its OK to be. If you acknowledge what you're feeling it actually lessens the anxiety.

And have fun. Dates are supposed to be fun. If you're going on a date it's established that you like each other so just go with the intention to enjoy his company, smile, and relax.

What Guys Said 2

• Being nervous on a first date is NATURAL. Even the most outgoing and confident guy/girl will be nervous on their first date - hell I was extremely nervous when I first had my date with my current GF, and so was she.

It's great that your guy has the same interests as you, that's a great start in a relationship because it feels good to talk about things you have in common.

All you can really do about the stress and nervousness is BREATHE.

• Be funny. Crack jokes. If he likes you, he won't care if they're funny or not. Laughter is the best way to cure nervousness, even if you laughing BECAUSE you're nervous

What Girls Said 1

• no worries girl i have the same problem, just take a deep breath and realize he's probably just as nervous as you. try to relax and be yourself im sure everything will go fine