Why do people think when dating you will grow to like them or her?

I feel like that's kind of stupid. You kind of know right away if you're interested in someone, and in a short amount of time will gain feelings. There are stages to this. I hate when people say maybe one day my feelings will grow for them or it started to grow. I feel like if their feelings actually grow it's not romantic love. You know what I mean? Like almost a platonic type of love except you guys are dating/married
I feel like not a lot of people will agree with this. I see couples like that. They love each other, but they're NOT IN LOVE. You can tell when someone is really in love. In their eyes and all. I feel like there is a big difference in loving someone and being in love with them. I don't think many people end up with someone they are "in love with", just love.

Comments...
Do you agree? Why do you think people do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• They're stupid. Dating someone they're not attracted to.

• People do it though
      Kind of sad if you ask me

• Well. Attraction is half. Love is half. So at least they get the love half.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• actually, with my current bf i wasn't interested the first time we met

• I don't think you should date someone (offically) that you're not attracted to or have feelings for.
    It took me about a month and a half to work out if I had feelings for my current boyfriend but we didn't make it official until after two months. It took me a while because even though I was attracted to him I needed to get to know him first.