Would you date someone who was ONLY into men/women of your race?

This question is mostly for non-white people, but anyone can answer.

If you met someone of a different race and they told you they were ONLY interested in dating people of your race (white guys with "asian fever" for example), would that weird you out?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd find it weird and wonder how much he likes me and how much he likes my skin.

What makes me even more frustrated is that there are guys who like to try something exotic, like I'm a plate of food rather than a person with feeling.

What Guys Said 5

• 2|3
  • I'd find it a little odd, to be honest, and I'd wonder if she really liked me for ME, or if I just happened to tick a bunch of her boxes.

• They watched too much kdrama -_-

• Depends on the reason why. Its not uncommon I believe. People like what they like and we can either embrace it or leave it alone.

• Somethings are best unsaid

What Girls Said 7

• No I wouldn't everyone likes what they like.

And considering I'm the race they like why should I be bothered by it?

Well then again I am mixed so if they rejected me because I'm African-American, Native American (Indian), or Irish then yeah I guess I would be.
    But only if they liked me at first and changed their mind because I'm biracial.

• it's happened. i just date who i feel attracted to. it wouldn't stop me but it would bother me a bit.

• I would think they were weird b/c I always give people the side eye if they don't see beauty in their own kind

• I feel like the person would be expecting something in particular from me and just because I'm that race, I automatically must meet that standard.

It would be kind of annoying because it's like they wouldn't really want me.. more like what they think I have to offer them, without getting to really know me. Make sense?

• Yes, I find it odd I'd you don't date or find your own attractive. You might have a preference, but to deny your own is strange to me.

• No because obviously they first found that person physically attractive so it's I surprise that they would order women who have the same physical characteristics.

A lot of people in IR like to think they are special but the truth is IR are just like any other relationship every person has a preference for a certain person