Would you date someone that has been to jail or in prison before?

I know women like "bad boys" lol but i just wanted to know would you date or potentially marry someone that has been to jail or prison before?

What if you fell in love then found out they had been to jail or prison. then what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends what it was they did and if they're trying to better themselves, then yes I'd consider it. Not everyone who goes to prison or jail are horrible people. I definitely believe in second chances

• Thanks for mh :)
      And if we fell in love then I later found out he was in jail/prison... I wouldn't care. Because I'm obviously in love with who they are the moment.. which means they must've bettered themselves

What Girls Said 14

• I would if the person was on the right track in life.
    Their past is their past.

• Depends on his reason. But I doubt it.

• No. That would be a turn off.
    I dated someone who was arrested once, and that was too much for me. I'd prefer to be with someone with a clean record haha.

• Umm I don't think I would.

• No !!! Oh Hell NO!!!

• 1.) Depends on what he was in prison for.
    2.) Depends how he is in life now.

• I am inclined to say no.

• Maybe. It depends on what they did.

• Depends on what he was in jail or prison for.

• It depends on why. If its anything violent I probably wouldn't.

• absolutely not

• It depends on what they did. People overcome all different issues and if they're willing to not go back to that dark place that sent them to jail then I would give it a shot

• Maybe if it as for a DUI...

• It depends on the reason he got to be in jail.

For instance, if he accidentally hit someone in a car accident or in a clash, that doesn't make him a bad person.

If he conspired to steal, I would say no.

What Guys Said 2

• I think for me it would definitely make me take a step back at the very least, but it would also highly depend on what they were in there for in the first place. Sometimes good people are given bad circumstances.

• *Sigh* Females are so judgmental. I'd date a female who has been in jail before.