Is this ok. I have a crush on a boy who I met online... And lives over 2500 miles away from me. I have other problems as well. Please help me!?

I have this huge crush... On one boy. He lives 2500-3000 miles away. He's the nicest guy ever and he's always been there for me. I have 4 problems. 1- I don't think he knows my actual age. I'm under the assumption of being the same age as him when I'm 2 years younger. 2- I have never met him in real life. 3- Sometimes he takes 6 hours to reply, which I'm OK with sometimes because he is in a 3 hour difference time zone and I usually message when it is between 2-5 in the morning there. 4- I'm not sure how I would explain to my parents. I'm in my mid teens and I've never had a boyfriend and I've never done anything with anyone. I feel like I'd look stupid if I told him I liked him, because he IS a "flirt" or whatever. When I'm talking to him, texting him, skyping him, I feel a comfort and happiness I never feel and he's helped me through tough times. I used to self harm. I self harmed for years on end, but I stopped because he helped me be more optimistic and etc. He's seriously one of the most important people to me and I have no idea on what to do. Please help me ASAP. Sorry that this is a very very long description. xoxo, -Anonymous by the way I'm a girl x_x

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you really know this guy was going to be my 1st question, but you already answered that by saying you Skype with him. Where does he live, first off? Would it even be possible to meet/go out with him? Also why haven't you told him you like him? Because the longer you're with this guy the larger the heart break if he says "No, I don't have feelings for you. We are just freinds." And also you need to tell him your real age... I'm surprised he didn't notice when you skyped. I've had "false" relations with people online and I'm still scared someone will find out. Hope this helped! 🇺🇸+🇩🇪 or 🇫🇷 or 🇮🇹or 🇬🇧

• He lives in Cali
      I donot think it would be possible right now and I'd be scared if I did at first honestly.

I haven't told him because I'm scared of rejection. I've lived the first 16 years of my life without a boyfriend, I've also never asked anyone out and I don't know what "rejection" feels like. I'm a beginner at this and I'm not sure how I would tell him without making everything awkward.

How do I tell him my real age? I technically didn't "lie" at all because I always allow people to assume my age. If someone says "Oh you're probably 20" I say "maybe maybe not" and if someone says "Oh you're probably 12" or "13" any age, online or in real life, I always say "maybe maybe not" or "whatever floats your boat" I don't like it when people are judged based on their age so I rarely say my age, as I just did... But I'm anonymous here. Thank ya you actually did help!!! ::::)

• Can I at least know your name? You can message me so we can talk... :-p

• Okay! Thank you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• listen here, you have to be hos with him whether or not you are going to look stupid or not. love is about being honest with each other and not being afraid to take risks. and talking about risks, you need to tell him how you feel, whether he is so far away or not. you need to know if the odds will be in your favor or not. if you continue to harbor feelings for him without actually telling him about them, it is going to be bothersome and distracting for you in the future. and look at it this way, what if this guy gets a girlfriend? won't it hurt, knowing that you had the chance to open up to him and tell him everything and you didn't? life and love is about taking chances and if this guy likes you too, then he will be able to handle the truth. if things don't work out then heck, at least you TRIED! and if he rejects you, it doesn't mean you can no longer be friends! all you have to do is continue talking to him, warming up to him like you usually did when you were friends. its all up to you and whether or not you can take the chance though.
    hope this helped.
    Tokomo :)

• Thank you so so much! I'll definitely try that out I'm just nervous about it.

• Again, thank you so much!!!

• you're welcome