(Re asking- edited) Am I flirting with my best guy friend, and will this affect my boyfriend?

I have a boyfriend but everyone says I flirt with this other guy. Is this classed as flirting? --> we play fight a lot. We call each other names (playfully not rudely) and we talk a lot. I thought this was normal, until my best friend said to calm down my flirting yesterday or my boyfriend would get jealous. I was confused so I asked his best friend and he said yes our behaviour seemed a bit flirty. (What happened yesterday...)

We had rehearsals, and he kept kicking my leg, he tried to push me off stage, and even though it was clearly him, he blamed his friend. I do the same back. We threw stones at each other, hate on eachothers music taste, fashion taste, all playfully. I went and sat with him at one point and we were attacking eachother with cello tape and messing about and generally making eachother laugh.

I don't see the problem with this... Is it flirting?

Also do you think my guy friend likes me? All my friends say he is a better choice than my current boyfriend, as my friend is a year older and my boyfriend is 3 years older and has now officially left school

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is the simple answer. If you have to ask "am I flirting" then the answer is Yes. If you are not flirting then you will never even think about whether you are or not. @Yadda Just cause the touch barrier is broken does not automatically make it flirting.

Flirt - behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but for amusement rather than with serious intentions.

What you were doing was just playing around with a friend. calling names and play fighting is not flirting. Smacking butts, blowing kisses, sexual jokes etc is flirting.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, it's flirting. Any time you break the touch barrier - and are focusing on one person, you're flirting.

• Ur under 18yo... With time this behavior will change and you will realice no man likes his girl doing this crap with other man... Yahu hate eachother.. W/e , stop being naive

• Re-answering the same way. Yes, it is flirting. Yes, your boyfriend will mind.

• You will always know if you're going with someone because you just get that feeling inside and yes if you have to ask just slow it down and no more hugs.

What Girls Said 3

• i honestly dont think its flirting it just seems like you have a very close and good friendship with this guy, flirting is a pretty intentional thing, it doesn't really just accidentally happen. If you dont have feelings for your friend then it should be fine, if anyone asks just say you are really good friends and that you have no feelings for him

• If your boyfriend sees you like this, he might grow envious/overprotective and start hating on your friend.

• I think its normal to "accidentally" flirt with your best friend. My bestfriend and I always flirted around but never took it to the next level.