I met a guy online. Have I met a weirdo?

I met a guy online on a dating website. We exchanged numbers and he sounded nice and we texted for a long time. Now he texts me everyday and says "morning" but when I don't get back to him until a few hours later, he asked me why I didn't text back. Is this normal?

He says on his profile he's been in a relationship before. I don't think he is mean but the behaviour unsettles me somewhat. Is he controlling?
i also told him i hope he had a good day at work and to enjoy his weekend. he ended up txting me back asking me if i was going anywhere and why i had told him to enjoy the weekend. I was only being polite and friendly and unsure how to respond

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... sometimes people dont understand that texting is not a phone call... i think he takes getting to have you too communicate with seriously... me personally... the only thing i find rude is when im in the middle of texting back and forth... and she doesn't reply back again and womt until i text her the day or so... i mean... when im busy or getting ready to go somewhere... etc... i always say..."hey.. im sorry i have to take off in a minute but we can talk later... K? "... but when i dont recieve the same consideration it eventually makes me not want to textu7 anymore... its like getting hung up on... except you dont realize it happend until she hasn't replied back for over 45 minutes.

What Guys Said 4

• its normal if this is his first time. you're helping him pop his cherry lol. he's going through all the emotions for the first time with you.

• Them people from dating sites we got be careful
    who we give personal information to especially
    phone numbers, the guy seems quite clingy,
    needy, he could be looking for just conversation
    than again who knows, he could be controlling
    if your not interested than make yourself distant
    from him

• He just doesn't want to be strung along... women on dating sites are known to be overly flaky!

• Sounds a bit needy to me i wouldn't meet him.

What Girls Said 1

• It seems a bit clingy. Maybe he just wants to be sure that you're interested in him back.