What is your opinion on the woman making the first move? Does it ruin the chase?

I've had feelings for a man significantly older than I for some time, however; I don't think he will ever make "the" move. Should I just take the hint that he just isn't interested? He often calls me 'hun' or 'babe' and is casually touching me on the ass or waist, calls about once a week and texts more often but I'm just not getting a clear signal from this guy...

Most Helpful Guy

• my opinion, fuck the chase, it's a made-up bullshit game. either you're willing to give each other a chance or you're not. A lot of guys will never ask you, out of respect, even if they secretly want to, they think you're amazing and wouldn't be interested in them, and asking you will make it awkward after you reject them. especially awkward if its like a work place or school and you see each other on a daily basis. why cause a catastrophe where there wasn't one before? itd be better if nothing happened at all.

Anyway, i guess it depends if or not you believe in the chase. I think the chase puts humanity back a few hundred years.

What Guys Said 5

• You making a move would not ruin the chase any more so than if he made the first move. What do YOU want? If you want him to make a move bad enough, why dont you just make the move? Girls hardly ever make the first move and it would be such a relief to so many men if women did. Just go for what you want. Men have dealt with rejection after a first move for years, what are you scared of? Like he's gonna say no? Come on...

• It makes a guys life a lot easier

• I think it doesn't matter who makes the first move.

• It will show you can be sexually aggressive. Very attractive.

• I think that you should make the move first to see what happens before officially moving only

What Girls Said 4

• I think he is just hoping for casual sex from you. He isn't interested in anything more. If he were, he would go about things differently.

• If you want to do it, then do it

• Seems like he just wants sexual relations :(